Ad_Forums-Top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What did you wear to school? (uniform-non uniform)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What did you wear to school? (uniform-non uniform)

Originally posted by darren View Post
    i had to have it tied for me so when i did p.e. I just slid the knot up or down depending on if i was starting p.e or finishing.
    of those trousers ive heard of farah's.
    Saame here in first/2nd year Daz!"

Though strange how like for me I got good at it - bvut never with laces - which are 2 things 9sort of a-like)!!

Your a brave guy/man though asking for someone to tie it skinny-thin for you!! At mine you'd not even be worthy of the status if you wasn't capeable of doing it yourself

Comment

The last school I was at up to the age of sixteen we wore our own clothes until it went upmarket to uniforms
      sigpic
      Do you really believe the other side without provocation would launch so many ICBM's, subs and ships knowing that we would have no option to launch as well? It would break our MAD Treaty (Mutually Assured Destruction) not to mention the end of the world as we know it.

Comment

Primary 1 wore a uniform - tie blazer etc after that it was Casual smart dress, never wore a uniform again
        DON'T TELL HIM YOUR NAME PIKE!!

Comment

At my primary these didn't seem to be fussed about uniforms, just no jeans or trainers.
          The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

What did I wear to school ? I always thought the same as everyone else, until I got changed for the hated games or P.E in about the 3rd or 4th year at Grammar school.

I then realised that I wore the cheapest generic **** that could be found.

The guy next to me wore tailored bloody shirts, fine trousers and proper underwear, platform shoes. I realised then that I was still wearing kid's clothes.

Comment

Originally posted by Pussywillow View Post
              What did I wear to school ? I always thought the same as everyone else, until I got changed for the hated games or P.E in about the 3rd or 4th year at Grammar school.

I then realised that I wore the cheapest generic **** that could be found.

The guy next to me wore tailored bloody shirts, fine trousers and proper underwear, platform shoes. I realised then that I was still wearing kid's clothes.
              Yeah we had like Ben Sherman instead of a plain Shirt!! It sounds like a Football Academy Pussywillow!

80sChav

Comment

what i mean is i got my mom to tie it for me in the morning.

Then when pe came i loosened it enough to take it off then when i was finished with p.e. I put it on and tightened it up.

Originally posted by 80schav View Post
                saame here in first/2nd year daz!"

though strange how like for me i got good at it - bvut never with laces - which are 2 things 9sort of a-like)!!

Your a brave guy/man though asking for someone to tie it skinny-thin for you!! At mine you'd not even be worthy of the status if you wasn't capeable of doing it yourself
                FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

Then when pe came i loosened it enough to take it off then when i was finished with p.e. I put it on and tightened it up.
                  So your Mum would make it skinny/thin side out for you Daz mate?

Fair play here as asking anyone even a mate to do this - we instantly lost face there

80sChavb

Comment

Originally posted by Mulletino View Post
                    It was "cool" to wear our school ties with the thin part only showing, the fat bit was tucked behind the shirt buttons, a normal length but with a small knot.
                    Unfortunately the end of the thin part was often frayed through too much "tie flicking".

As it was the 80s, said shirts were sometimes button down collars.

As for trousers, mine were either Sta-Press, Farah or Waffles.

Shoes, Brogues (royals), Monkey Boots, Desert Boots, or trainers (as long as you didn't get caught wearing them outside of P.E.)
                    Classy mate ... the 80s was just "so that generation" ... look at the Suits on old Vid's and like Piano Ties ... look how short the Collars was too .... and still like 95% of everything else they try to re-create and bring back - it never works and is a magical and cool!

80sChav

Comment

Originally posted by Mulletino View Post
                      Ben Sherman still do Button Downs.

https://bensherman.com.au/catalog/clothing/shirts-2

Thanks Mulletino mate - though IO only slightly looked at your link but since this thread I got a new BS Shirt - so can testify through this as you said above

80sChav

Comment

I did wear my p.e. kit under my uniform quite a lot as it saved time getting changed.
                        Not sure if that counts as uniform or non uniform.
                        FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

So it was tied/dune with just the thin part showing?

I recall all this asking Dinner ladies for help with it and by strange chance one said hello to me today - though I can't recall her lol

Comment

Re: How you had your School tie

Originally posted by Richard1978 View Post
                            At my school it was common for pupils to have a very small knot in their tie, often known as peanutting.
                            At mine you got this ion alarge loose Chunky Knot, rather Richard - hence us all doing our's the thin side out only!

80sChav

Comment

Working...
                            X