Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Trakkie Bottoms

Default Re: Trakkie Bottoms

Quote Originally Posted by branny View Post
    Not had a tracksuit since I was a kid. I can never get one where the top and bottoms both fit perfectly.

The one I had as a child was black with two gold stripes and the bottoms had stirrups.
    why can u not get one where the top and bottoms both fit perfectly.

i remember going for a job interview in a tracksuit.
    i did not get the job.

Quote Originally Posted by darren View Post
    why can u not get one where the top and bottoms both fit perfectly.

i remember going for a job interview in a tracksuit.
    i did not get the job.
    Either legs or sleeves are too long. I must be an odd shape.
    "GAME OVER MAN, GAME OVER"

I wish I could find (and always will) until I do find them - some Puma King Trakkie Bottoms!! Why I let both pairs get thrown out amazes me, they sure were the best until Adidas Chilles' arrived on the scene.

Admitted though i'm talking 16 years since they was new on the scene but I bet I still had them (Puma King's) in 1998, and last time I saw some was on a 2nd Hand Market in about 2003, but i've never seen (highly suprisingly) any on Ebay etc sadly.

Who remembers that pointless fad of wearing shorts over your tarkkie bottoms?

My favourite late 80's/early 90's trackie bottoms were adidas. The three stripes didnt go all the way down, but stopped mid calf, and there were two stripes that went horizontally around the back of the leg at the mid calf level. Can't find an image of them anywhere though.

i wasnt much a sports person but when i did karate in the late 80s to mid 90s i had a puma set which i loved apart from that after i stopped going i carnt say ive owned a nother set
    THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE TRUST NO ONE

Quote Originally Posted by Adam View Post
    Who remembers that pointless fad of wearing shorts over your tarkkie bottoms?
    Definitely, Sergio Tacchini shorts over Sergio tracksuit bottoms, thought I looked really cool

Quote Originally Posted by maxmix View Post
    Definitely, Sergio Tacchini shorts over Sergio tracksuit bottoms, thought I looked really cool
    We had this style in the 1990s where I lived as we we had Short Sleeved Football Shirts worn over your Jumper. I think the idea's petered out but I know a few st5ill wore Shorts over Tracksuit Bottoms for Football, but the Shoiorts over Tracksuit Bottoms was definitley a fad that was popular for no time at all in my area though.

Quote Originally Posted by 80sChav View Post
    We had this style in the 1990s where I lived as we we had Short Sleeved Football Shirts worn over your Jumper. I think the idea's petered out but I know a few st5ill wore Shorts over Tracksuit Bottoms for Football, but the Shoiorts over Tracksuit Bottoms was definitley a fad that was popular for no time at all in my area though.
    I'm talking about he early 80's, or possibly the late 70's, so maybe we are talking about the same thing, just different era's, strange memory for me, I remember training with my local(ish) Judo team and it being Sooooo cold, and thinking I looked soooooo cool!! Happy memories indeed.

For some reason my parants thought that track suits used to look good on me back in the 70's.Always had those blue ones with the white stripes down the arms and legs.Hated the ruddy things.Never liked the material nor the way they used to cling to me.I can always remember pulling and tugging at the arms to give me a bit more space in them.As for the legs that had that stupid loop an the bottoms for your feet to slip through to hold the things straight.It felt like wearing one of those baby all in ones.The first chance I got to accidently put a hole on purpose in a track suit I did.In the end they gave up and allowed me to continue wearing jeans.