Trakkie Bottoms

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Trakkie Bottoms

i wasnt much a sports person but when i did karate in the late 80s to mid 90s i had a puma set which i loved apart from that after i stopped going i carnt say ive owned a nother set
    THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE TRUST NO ONE

Comment

Originally posted by Adam View Post
      Who remembers that pointless fad of wearing shorts over your tarkkie bottoms?
      Definitely, Sergio Tacchini shorts over Sergio tracksuit bottoms, thought I looked really cool

Comment

Originally posted by maxmix View Post
        Definitely, Sergio Tacchini shorts over Sergio tracksuit bottoms, thought I looked really cool
        We had this style in the 1990s where I lived as we we had Short Sleeved Football Shirts worn over your Jumper. I think the idea's petered out but I know a few st5ill wore Shorts over Tracksuit Bottoms for Football, but the Shoiorts over Tracksuit Bottoms was definitley a fad that was popular for no time at all in my area though.

Comment

Originally posted by 80sChav View Post
          We had this style in the 1990s where I lived as we we had Short Sleeved Football Shirts worn over your Jumper. I think the idea's petered out but I know a few st5ill wore Shorts over Tracksuit Bottoms for Football, but the Shoiorts over Tracksuit Bottoms was definitley a fad that was popular for no time at all in my area though.
          I'm talking about he early 80's, or possibly the late 70's, so maybe we are talking about the same thing, just different era's, strange memory for me, I remember training with my local(ish) Judo team and it being Sooooo cold, and thinking I looked soooooo cool!! Happy memories indeed.

Comment

For some reason my parants thought that track suits used to look good on me back in the 70's.Always had those blue ones with the white stripes down the arms and legs.Hated the ruddy things.Never liked the material nor the way they used to cling to me.I can always remember pulling and tugging at the arms to give me a bit more space in them.As for the legs that had that stupid loop an the bottoms for your feet to slip through to hold the things straight.It felt like wearing one of those baby all in ones.The first chance I got to accidently put a hole on purpose in a track suit I did.In the end they gave up and allowed me to continue wearing jeans.

Comment

Remember having Ellesse bottoms when I used to breakdance (badly) in the 80's, wouldn't be seen dead in a pair of chavkie bottoms these days.

Comment

Originally posted by battyrat View Post
                For some reason my parants thought that track suits used to look good on me back in the 70's.Always had those blue ones with the white stripes down the arms and legs.Hated the ruddy things.Never liked the material nor the way they used to cling to me.I can always remember pulling and tugging at the arms to give me a bit more space in them.As for the legs that had that stupid loop an the bottoms for your feet to slip through to hold the things straight.It felt like wearing one of those baby all in ones.The first chance I got to accidently put a hole on purpose in a track suit I did.In the end they gave up and allowed me to continue wearing jeans.
                I remember getting bought a pair with the loops on the bottom as a kid. My god they are the most uncomfortable things ever, as annoying as having permanent creases in your socks! I whinged about them constantly but still had to wear them.
                1976 Vintage

Comment

My sister seemed to have a lot of trousers with the loops when she was young.

She used to call them "up trousers" because she coudn't say stirrup.
                  The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

Trying to think back but its so long ago now.Have a feeling that the fashion for tracksuits in the 70's were tight fitting compared to the 80's where they quickly became more spacious and baggy.Found a photo of myself wearing a straight fitting tracksuit the other day and quickly hid it again.Must of been brought them to wear sometime after 1978 which is when I started secondary school.I expect it was required as part of the school uniform for sports in the winter.I don't have any memories of them before that date.

Comment

i still wear trakke bottoms.
                      the pair im wearing i must have had now for 10 yrs.

ive had adidas umbro ones etc.
                      FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

I recall what Trakkie Bottoms used to be like in the 1980s, they were like a matching suit with the top more like a jumper, not a top like in later year's as such as became known.

I recall having these in 3 or 4 differing styles and they were like a Fluffy material. Sadly though (or luckily), this style went away by the start of the 190s and luckily when it did in the later part of the 1990s had improved in style and what was fashion totally in a new way alltogether. I am unsure if this was alway's the case - I think it would be about 1986 to 1988 i'm remembering

It would be great to know, if that any other members can any other member's recall these styles/fashoin from the era I mention, as I often wonder if it was only the treend etc where I lived and if that I was totally imaging it.

Thanks,

80sChav
                        Last edited by 80sChav; 11-02-2013, 18:48.

Comment

Originally posted by battyrat View Post
                          Trying to think back but its so long ago now.Have a feeling that the fashion for tracksuits in the 70's were tight fitting compared to the 80's where they quickly became more spacious and baggy.Found a photo of myself wearing a straight fitting tracksuit the other day and quickly hid it again.Must of been brought them to wear sometime after 1978 which is when I started secondary school.I expect it was required as part of the school uniform for sports in the winter.I don't have any memories of them before that date.
                          I think I remember wanting one of those classic red or blue 70s track suits with the white stripes but I was too little at the time. They did seem quite tight and very synthetic. Pure nylon probably.
                          1976 Vintage

Comment

Originally posted by darren View Post
                            i still wear trakke bottoms.
                            the pair im wearing i must have had now for 10 yrs.

ive had adidas umbro ones etc.
                            This proves how things last Darren, nothing now clo0thes or electrical lasts I feel/think.

Can any other members recall what Tracksuits were like in the 1980s, I recall about 1986 when Yoga etc was popular people wore full suits and they were like cotton Tracksuits at one time, though I may be wrong as styles changed so much then I recall!? I can recall very well from 1987 being on Holiday in Ayr and how I wore thsee Tracksuits often back then. some of the designs were horrible (like a horrid mix match of purple and red - which i like both colours but not mixed). They were very 1980s indeed I think

80sChav
                            Last edited by 80sChav; 20-05-2013, 17:50.

Comment

For some reason Bex's tracksuit in the 2009 version of "The Firm" comes to mind. The film being set in 1984.

Comment

Originally posted by Sly View Post
                                I hated those popper ones, they made the wearers look like an absolute slob.

I remember Kappa being really big in the late 90's, although I've not seen anyone wear anything like that for about a decade. Whatever happened to them?
                                One of my primary school teachers often wore Kappa track suit bottoms. He was into his running but it does seem a bit scruffy now that he wore them in the class room. I didn't know they were Kappa at the time but remember the logo of people sitting back to back running down the legs. Don't know if they were trendy then. About 1985.
                                1976 Vintage

Comment

Working...
                                X