Waterloo Rd vs Grange Hill?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Waterloo Rd vs Grange Hill?

Okay Waterloo road's good but it CANT match Grange Hill can it?
    What you think? You agree or not? They are both good ... Grange Hill being the better but Waterloo Road is'nt in the same field I think. What do other members reckon/think?

Re: Okay Waterlo Road's good but it CAN'T match grange Hill can it?

What has this got to do with the 70's 80's or 90's? Grange hill already has a post to discuss it. This makes no sense at all. Sorry!
    Heaven knows I'm miserable now.

Comment

Now now, this is making a comparison so its in context. ;P

I've thought of it as a 'modern Grange Hill', its naff.

Comment

Originally posted by sf1378 View Post

I've thought of it as a 'modern Grange Hill', its naff.
        Thanks yeah. I know Waterloo Road was'nt on TV in the 70s, 80s or even 90s but i'm trying to think and say is it the "Grange Hill of Today" or more-ever what would of been the case if Waterloo Road had begun before Grange Hill and Grange Hill was the newer show!

Comment

Exactly
          The only thing to look forward to is the past

Comment

Originally posted by 80sChav View Post
            What you think? You agree or not? They are both good ... Grange Hill being the better but Waterloo Road is'nt in the same field I think. What do other members reckon/think?
            i was waiting for a thread like this to start.

im afraid waterloo rd is just no where near as good.

i always felt waterloo rd was a modern version of grange hill and as hard as they tried its not as good as GH.

in a episode of GH you got as much excitement going on as you do in an hour of WR.
            GH is legendary and for me will never be beaten.
            FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

Of course, there is a very big difference. Grange Hill was a children's programme, made by the children's department. Waterloo Road is a late evening show. So it's difficult to make comparisons.

Comment

Originally posted by darren View Post
                i was waiting for a thread like this to start.

im afraid waterloo rd is just no where near as good.

i always felt waterloo rd was a modern version of grange hill and as hard as they tried its not as good as GH.

in a episode of GH you got as much excitement going on as you do in an hour of WR.
                GH is legendary and for me will never be beaten.
                I agree Darren. As well I think Waterloo Road is made with drama in mind (though some people have tried to tell me it's a soap in esence). Shed seem to want maximum inpact at times with it too ... like mind-blowing action I feel!!

Comment

Did anyone else have it on in the background last night? Its so predictable-kid failed his driving test, claims hes a brill driver, dared to drive then, does so....fat teacher or something on a bike...you get the picture....groan!

Comment

Originally posted by Marine Boy View Post
                    Of course, there is a very big difference. Grange Hill was a children's programme, made by the children's department. Waterloo Road is a late evening show. So it's difficult to make comparisons.
                    thats very true.

but GH had some pretty gritty storylines for a kids show.

Comment

I'm surprised GH was so successful, if you think about it, kids went to school all day, then came home and at 10 past 5 (when I were a lad that is) a kids show-about SCHOOL-was on?!! I'd have thought it was the last thing a kid would want to watch....Maybe it was that little girl saying:

RO-LAAAAND

Comment

I'm surprised GH was so successful, if you think about it, kids went to school all day, then came home and at 10 past 5 (when I were a lad that is) a kids show-about SCHOOL-was on?!! I'd have thought it was the last thing a kid would want to watch....Maybe it was that little girl saying:

RO-LAAAAND

i see what you mean mate.
                        it obviously did something right for it to go so long and for so many to watch it.

perhaps it was the characters,the storylines and the fact it was just long enough per episode for kids to concentrate on it.

Comment

No, it HAD to be that cartoon sausage on a fork...

I remember Stewart Lee's Comedy Vehicle did a joke on it, he was making fun of Asher D who was in the show and he mocked him having an autobiography at such a young age, he then had a segway where his small car pulls up beside a big Range Rover or something with blacked out windows at the traffic lights and the window rolls down and its.....ASHER D!!! Or a small kid aged 7 pretending to be Asher D....Lee's embarassed (having made his jokes on stage earlier) and then all of a sudden that banger on a cartoon fork and that opening theme plays and it freezes in the air with Lee's mock surprise expression just like in the intro to GH.....Was very funny. Did me proud to get such a haloed icon as said cartoon banger on cartoon fork....and remember the reference to our collective childhood....lol

Comment

Working...
                          X