Ad_Forums-Top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who thought that watching Schools TV was...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Who thought that watching Schools TV was...

Thats right.In the morning at home if you were sick there was very little on in the 70's apart from school or college programs so often I just sat down and watched it.The younger kiddle stuff like picture box,look and read etc was good at the time and what I have seen since on u-tube is still very good.
    However the beardy wierdy stuff,ie college programs were nearly all boring with a tweed jacket on.Really boring stuff.No wonder half of college became drop outs.Saturday mornings at one time could be as bad as a school morning on telly due to too many open university programs.Imagine that open university language programs on a saturday morning and no kiddie programs.Now I am showing my age,lol.

Comment

For all picture box and such was OK you'd never watch that over Hong Kong Phooey or Grange Hill would you ? Schools tele was rubbish but there was nothing else on.

Comment

Maybe it's just my inner geekness, but I loved all that old OU stuff and I used to watch Schools telly when I wasn't at school too. I never understood all the OU stuff, but for some reason it fascinated me.
        - Rik Mayall Fanpage On Facebook
        - My retro Youtube channel.

Come Join The Fun!

Comment

Thinking about thing's more in-depth like the people's poet mentions about the O.U, I had forgot untiln the other day how popular the O.U was on Saturday - I recall it very popular in the early 1990s when I first started to take note of their show's but sure as night follow's day - I can recall some great quailty programmes and insight's into thing's, just like School's Programmes in the week on BBC2 and Channel 4.

It is very sad I think that thing's like these Programmes are not on TV now or as much or are possibly orderd on DVD etc for School's from an archive and newe-er generations are not as well known to them, as in a way - they could be truly educational and a real other way of learning/in addition to say O.U Work (like I know a friend who commuted to his O.U Classes in addition to studying TV Programmes in the 1990s) and how they went in tandom in so many aspects with School Work too.

80sChav

Comment

Originally posted by havasack View Post
            For all picture box and such was OK you'd never watch that over Hong Kong Phooey or Grange Hill would you ? Schools tele was rubbish but there was nothing else on.
            I found the music to picture box quite creepy tbh.......

Comment

Even a little clip of Alan Rothwell at the end there, late of Corrie, Brookie and Shameless.

Loved that tune though, t'is haunting.

Comment

"THE MESSENGERS" remember one episode which showed a cameraman filming his own death when he got shot in some war zone.never forgotten it.

Comment

Working...
                X