Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Your First Year at High/Secondary School

Originally posted by branny View Post
    Light blue shirt, navy/royal blue/black or gery v neck and black trousers. That was about it.Once you got to the 3rd year you could get away with a blue Fred Perry instead of the shirt and jumbo cords instead of trousers.

Sounds good yeah!

Comment

Originally posted by darren View Post
      yep ok go ahead mate.
      was everyone given a handbook like this mate.
      Yeah we were given a sort of Handbook too Darren. I still have it, it fell to bits within too minutes of getting it. Though of course they had to be made cheap, this was made beyond on the cheap!

Comment

I think pushing the uniform code was something that happened at every school

At our school the uniform was black trousers, white shirt, grey jumper and school tie (black with thin yellow diagonal stripes), black shoes and black blazer/ jacket. It was a competition to get your tie knot as small as possible.

It soon became a fashion to wear Doc Martens boots - 10 hole not 8 hole, and to wear trousers that were slightly too short so you showed off your "Docs". This lead to the school introducing a rule stating that your trouser bottoms couldn't be more than an inch above your ankle

We also had a fashion for black Harrington jackets that we'd wear inside out showing the tartan lining. This was also banned by the school

I have pictures of myself from those days. I was 6' 5" at about fourteen and in those pics I like like a right yobbo. In reality I was (and still am) as soft as a baby.

Cheers,
        Finnthedude.

Comment

Originally posted by Finnthedude View Post

At our school the uniform was black trousers, white shirt, grey jumper and school tie (black with thin yellow diagonal stripes), black shoes and black blazer/ jacket. It was a competition to get your tie knot as small as possible.

It soon became a fashion to wear Doc Martens boots - 10 hole not 8 hole, and to wear trousers that were slightly too short so you showed off your "Docs". This lead to the school introducing a rule stating that your trouser bottoms couldn't be more than an inch above your ankle

We also had a fashion for black Harrington jackets that we'd wear inside out showing the tartan lining. This was also banned by the school

I have pictures of myself from those days. I was 6' 5" at about fourteen and in those pics I like like a right yobbo. In reality I was (and still am) as soft as a baby.

Cheers,
          Finnthedude.
          So you had your Tie with the thin bit onluy "out" then mate yeah?

Comment

Originally posted by 80sChav View Post
            So you had your Tie with the thin bit onluy "out" then mate yeah?
            No, I wore it the "traditional" way, but the secret to making the knot as small as possible was to make the thin bit as short as possible so your knot had the least amount of material possible. This meant that your tie was very long and could be tucked into your trousers

Cheers,
            Finnthedude.

Comment

No, I wore it the "traditional" way, but the secret to making the knot as small as possible was to make the thin bit as short as possible so your knot had the least amount of material possible. This meant that your tie was very long and could be tucked into your trousers

Cheers,
              Finnthedude.
              Hmm I had my Tie as so at School Finn until we all had the courage to put the narrow bit out on it's own and the fat bit tucked in. A nice style inddeed (way better than the "Chunky" style of Today I feel).

Comment

Cheers,
                Finnthedude.
                The Doc Marten trend really took off 9though I don't recall it as a trend at school), Finn - though I recall back in the day when Max Griggs (who once owned Rushden & Diamonds football Club or who had a share in it) owned a Shop in blackpool (and may-be in other Towns dedicated to Doc Martin attire)

Either way both these and the Harrington Jackets well epiutone the 80s (though I shall have to check the Harringtons out) to re recall them lol

80sChav

Comment

Working...
                X