Your First Year at High/Secondary School

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your First Year at High/Secondary School

Can you remember it? What you'd heard about it!? One of my abiding memories is all my mates said they where going to wear tiesthe "thin-way" ... only a samll handfull did and anyway first day the Teachers said "anyone wearing their tie in such a fashion will be made to change it and re-tie it properly after in their Form-Room" ......

That stringent policy of it not being allowed to have your tie as so lasted for about 3 weeks and loads of us took it turns to "risk it" as so in the first few weeks. Dunno how they thought they could enforce it though when nearly every other kid in every other year had their ties as so

Re: Your First Year at High/Secondary School

yeah, i can remember that i hated it for the first few months. they weren't that bothered about how we had our school ties though.

Comment

Originally posted by big kid View Post
      yeah, i can remember that i hated it for the first few months. they weren't that bothered about how we had our school ties though.
      You were lucky then! !...... they threatend to come down on us "like a ton of bricks" regards how we had our ties at my old School in the1st Year.

Comment

I remember being told before I went that all first years would get their heads flushed down the toilet. It never happened. Does anyone know of anybody who did get their head flushed down the toilet or is it a true urban myth?!
        1976 Vintage

Comment

Originally posted by Trickyvee View Post
          I remember being told before I went that all first years would get their heads flushed down the toilet. It never happened. Does anyone know of anybody who did get their head flushed down the toilet or is it a true urban myth?!

No defenitly an Urban Myth I think Trickyvee, but as I say if you copied the 5th Years in how you did your tie (thin) the same length as they had thrir's woe-bite you!

Comment

Originally posted by 80sChav View Post
            Can you remember it? What you'd heard about it!? One of my abiding memories is all my mates said they where going to wear tiesthe "thin-way" ... only a samll handfull did and anyway first day the Teachers said "anyone wearing their tie in such a fashion will be made to change it and re-tie it properly after in their Form-Room" ......

That stringent policy of it not being allowed to have your tie as so lasted for about 3 weeks and loads of us took it turns to "risk it" as so in the first few weeks. Dunno how they thought they could enforce it though when nearly every other kid in every other year had their ties as so

wear a tie the thin way i donyt understand mate.

i could not do my tie so i got someone to do it for me.

thing was i did it in such a way i never had to open my tie completely.

i just moved the knot up and down like when i did games i loosened it then when it was time to go to other classes i just tightened it again.
            FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

Originally posted by darren View Post
              wear a tie the thin way i donyt understand mate.

i could not do my tie so i got someone to do it for me.

thing was i did it in such a way i never had to open my tie completely.

i just moved the knot up and down like when i did games i loosened it then when it was time to go to other classes i just tightened it again.
              You wear it with just the thin part only showing Darren mate, and tuck the fat part in. Will Email youa bout if you wanna know more mate.

Comment

So if you are interested Darren, let me know please mate. Thanks.

Comment

On this subject i've still got a little Handbook type thing's of does and dont's and what you could do at Lunch at High School somewhere ... which is great and a real memory type thing I reflect on occasionaly! One of the only good thing's that School ever did for me in 2 and a bit years at that particular School!!

Comment

Originally posted by 80sChav View Post
                    So if you are interested Darren, let me know please mate. Thanks.
                    yep ok go ahead mate.
                    was everyone given a handbook like this mate.
                    FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

Originally posted by darren View Post
                      yep ok go ahead mate.
                      was everyone given a handbook like this mate.
                      Yeah and we filled thing's in ... but man the place was a dump ......

So did you never have your Tie as so?

Comment

We didn't have a tie with our uniform but the toilet flushing urban myth was in circulation. It was quite a rough school and during the first assembly, the lad behind kept kicking my chair. I told him to stop and he offered me out. "Peacock at half 3". The Peacock was a monument at the front entrance, also the designated meeting point for any fights. I turned up, he didn't. That was the closest I came to a scrap. I wasn't the biggest of lads and the attitude was such that there was nothing to be gained by picking a fight with a shorta**e so I managed to stay under the radar so to speak.
                        "GAME OVER MAN, GAME OVER"

Comment

So what was your Uniform like then, bRanny?!!

Comment

My first day at secondary school was terrifying i remember one boy being picked up and slammed hard against a wall by the PE teacher for forgetting his kit kids being slapped around the head again by a teacher and fifth formers hanging out by the toilets waiting for first years to flush (definitely happened) having just left a junior school were all the teachers were nice it was one hell of a shock to the system.

Comment

Light blue shirt, navy/royal blue/black or gery v neck and black trousers. That was about it.Once you got to the 3rd year you could get away with a blue Fred Perry instead of the shirt and jumbo cords instead of trousers.
                              "GAME OVER MAN, GAME OVER"

Comment

Working...
                              X