Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Your First Year at High/Secondary School

Default Your First Year at High/Secondary School

Can you remember it? What you'd heard about it!? One of my abiding memories is all my mates said they where going to wear tiesthe "thin-way" ... only a samll handfull did and anyway first day the Teachers said "anyone wearing their tie in such a fashion will be made to change it and re-tie it properly after in their Form-Room" ......

That stringent policy of it not being allowed to have your tie as so lasted for about 3 weeks and loads of us took it turns to "risk it" as so in the first few weeks. Dunno how they thought they could enforce it though when nearly every other kid in every other year had their ties as so

big kid Guest

Default Re: Your First Year at High/Secondary School

yeah, i can remember that i hated it for the first few months. they weren't that bothered about how we had our school ties though.

Quote Originally Posted by big kid View Post
    yeah, i can remember that i hated it for the first few months. they weren't that bothered about how we had our school ties though.
    You were lucky then! !...... they threatend to come down on us "like a ton of bricks" regards how we had our ties at my old School in the1st Year.

I remember being told before I went that all first years would get their heads flushed down the toilet. It never happened. Does anyone know of anybody who did get their head flushed down the toilet or is it a true urban myth?!
    1976 Vintage

Quote Originally Posted by Trickyvee View Post
    I remember being told before I went that all first years would get their heads flushed down the toilet. It never happened. Does anyone know of anybody who did get their head flushed down the toilet or is it a true urban myth?!

No defenitly an Urban Myth I think Trickyvee, but as I say if you copied the 5th Years in how you did your tie (thin) the same length as they had thrir's woe-bite you!

Quote Originally Posted by 80sChav View Post
    Can you remember it? What you'd heard about it!? One of my abiding memories is all my mates said they where going to wear tiesthe "thin-way" ... only a samll handfull did and anyway first day the Teachers said "anyone wearing their tie in such a fashion will be made to change it and re-tie it properly after in their Form-Room" ......

That stringent policy of it not being allowed to have your tie as so lasted for about 3 weeks and loads of us took it turns to "risk it" as so in the first few weeks. Dunno how they thought they could enforce it though when nearly every other kid in every other year had their ties as so

wear a tie the thin way i donyt understand mate.

i could not do my tie so i got someone to do it for me.

thing was i did it in such a way i never had to open my tie completely.

i just moved the knot up and down like when i did games i loosened it then when it was time to go to other classes i just tightened it again.

Quote Originally Posted by darren View Post
    wear a tie the thin way i donyt understand mate.

i could not do my tie so i got someone to do it for me.

thing was i did it in such a way i never had to open my tie completely.

i just moved the knot up and down like when i did games i loosened it then when it was time to go to other classes i just tightened it again.
    You wear it with just the thin part only showing Darren mate, and tuck the fat part in. Will Email youa bout if you wanna know more mate.

So if you are interested Darren, let me know please mate. Thanks.

On this subject i've still got a little Handbook type thing's of does and dont's and what you could do at Lunch at High School somewhere ... which is great and a real memory type thing I reflect on occasionaly! One of the only good thing's that School ever did for me in 2 and a bit years at that particular School!!

Quote Originally Posted by 80sChav View Post
    So if you are interested Darren, let me know please mate. Thanks.
    yep ok go ahead mate.
    was everyone given a handbook like this mate.