Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Things that got banned

Originally posted by Palazzo View Post
    Saw Trickyvee mention Sunny Delight earlier in the thread, did anybody see that show late on BBC 2 the other night presented by the bloke off Dragon's Den? The whole Sunny Delight fiasco was covered there, I had totally forgotten about the kid who was taken to hospital after drinking too much and turning a shade of orange! Unbelievable stuff.

Then to make matters worse the makers saw fit to make a TV advert that winter featuring a snowman and his kids, after letting the kids drink Sunny Delight he turns round only to notice they have turned bright orange. You couldn't make it up.

what was in sunny D that it was banned.
    what was it they said you could get from drinking it.
    i just cannot remember.

i remember drinking it myself one day i was drinking it nexyt day you could not find it anywhere.
    FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

Originally posted by darren View Post
      what was in sunny D that it was banned.
      what was it they said you could get from drinking it.
      i just cannot remember.

i remember drinking it myself one day i was drinking it nexyt day you could not find it anywhere.
      You got 'Orangeitis' from it and the fat bald Tango Man came and took it all away lol. Why'd you think he was so orange!

Comment

My point?
        BRING BACK THOSE BACON POT NOODLES!! THE PUBLIC DEMAND IT!!!
        As for the video, I know a few interesting books....
        WELCOME TO HELL!!!

Comment

Sex Pistols - God Save the Queen

Sex Pistols - Anarchy in the UK.

Comment

Anyone remember when Nerds sweets got recalled for having glass in them? Infact there was a spate of things being contaminated with stuff at the time, but I can't remember what the other things were.
            1976 Vintage

Comment

A lot of things made by Heinz were contaminated by a blackmailer, who demanded that they put so much money in an account.

He eventually was caught by police trying to explain why he was wearing a crash helmet to use a cash machine, even though he arrived at the bank in a car.

I remember a few years before that a dodgy batch of Mars bars had rat poison in them.
              The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

'Love To Love You Baby' by Donna Summer.
                'Give Ireland Back To The Irish' by Wings.
                All of Judge Dread's records.
                The best Government is that which governs least - Thoreau.

Comment

Murray Walker worked on the Mars account as he was in advertising as well as race commentating....I saw one of his old ads-the bar was nice and big. YUM.

He didn't coin the old slogan 'a Mars aday...'

Anyhow, I remember on the news once Transformers toys made in Mexico were found to have high led content and all of them were impounded and destroyed...saw the crusher destroying loads of stuff...

Comment

Was this when someone piosoned the mars bars and marked the wrapper with an 'x' ?

Comment

i think there was a madonna song that was banned.
                      think it was in black and white.
                      lets just say she revealed to much.
                      FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

Originally posted by darren View Post
                        i think there was a madonna song that was banned.
                        think it was in black and white.
                        lets just say she revealed to much.
                        It was the video to 'Justify My Love' that was banned, not the song. I expect the BBC wouldn't play the 12" version as the opening line contains the 'F' word! Also Darren, Madonna doesn't reveal anything in the video. She remains fully clothed. The video for 'Erotica' was also rarely played due to it's sexual imagery. Again Madonna remains clothed except from at the very end when she is shown hitch hiking naked but her personal bits are blacked out.
                        Heaven knows I'm miserable now.

Comment

In America the full video for Madonna's Like a Prayer was banned for various reasons.
                          The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

I don't understand banning Sunny Delight. I can rember trying to buy Orange Juice at teh time. You could see it happening, over a few weeks, most garages had been corporate-muscled a premuim to delist or back-list it - in favour of SD. To back up the TV camapign, massive shelf-facings of SD everywhere. (Retailers get paid a listing and a facing fee, thats how it works. ). You could not get OJ. It infuriated me, but it did serve a very very useful purpose...

We're not normally allowed to label people as stupid, instead we have 'Marketing' . Marketing devises products to indicate the stupid to others. Sunny Delight was part of that. I noticed they did it again with Actimel recently. .

You see, football kit worn off-pitch, serves teh same function, I now see "it's a public service. "

Supermarkets even reserve a whole aisle for funneling these people. You know the one. I don't advise you point it out though. So don't mention this, I did just then, but I think i got away it...

SD??? Bring it on I say. Food giants serving up hi-margin, sugar and salt. The public gets what teh public wants."

Sorry, I'm in a caustic mood. The moderator will likely see to me!
                            Last edited by wherewasI; 18-08-2011, 12:24.

Comment

Pen tops without holes in 'em.
                              1976 Vintage

Comment

The Winkers Song ... Ivor Biggun And The Red Nosed Burglars
                                WHO'S THE TART?

Comment

Working...
                                X