Party Sevens

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Party Sevens

I carried one of these round at weekends for several months one glorious summer

Every party you went to it was 'put it on the table for later and in meantime we can drink these cans and bottles, its too big to open just yet'

At end of night off I went with it under my arm again till next time it was needed

One tragic night I went for a moonlit walk with this girl I met and when we got back some div had opened it ! grrrrrrrrrrrr

Re: Party sevens

LOL I can remember my dad opening one of these, then standing across the room to pour it out!!
    sigpic

Comment

Buggers to open without the contraption. I can also remember giant "petrol can" sized Fosters too

Comment

Didn't Sam and Gene bet a Party7 over something on Life on Mars ? When and why did they disappear ?

Comment

My dad always used to get these. He'd let us kids try a bit the next day when it tasted even worse than normal.

Those new Heineken things are kind of the modern lager equivalent now.

Comment

It's a good idea to give kids a taste of alcohol, cigs, etc. - the sicker it makes them the better. Gets rid of the 'forbidden fruit' aura too.

Comment

party sevens

i remember as a kid being at parties in the early 1970`s and rather the people having a case of lager or beer they would have giant tins .
              the tops had two dints in them and the idea (or so it was at every family event i remember being at that time ) was to use a screwdriver and hammer to create holes to pour the beer out of this allways ended up the same way huge explosions and a fountain of beer foam engulfing anyone within a 50 yard area of the person on opening duties and resulting in rather than getting the advertised seven pints you got around 2 and a 1/2 pints of flat lager
              then again i suppose it did have the advantage that when you wanted a drink you didnt pick up your open can to find dog ends discarded in it as what seems the norm at parties now days

Comment

Re: party sevens

Click image for larger version

Name:	party7.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	29.0 KB
ID:	259960
                Heather

Comment

Re: Party Sevens

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-drinkers.html
                  sigpic

Comment

Re: party sevens

You can pick these 5L cans up at lidls every now and then, quite good for a party!
                    sigpic

Comment

My Aunt & Uncle might still have a Party 7 in their larder, I remember spotting one sometime in the 1990s. I'll have to remember next time I'm there.

The Young Ones episode Interesting has one on display at the party.
                      The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

My parents had them....I would have thought if you didn't shake the thing it wouldn't splash so much out! Heineken do those big cans like beer barrels now and that previous pic posted from Aldi or lidl looks like a nice beer, has anyone drank it-whats it like?

Comment

Working...
                        X