This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I might be doing a Catering Course with Waitering in Sept

I hope it's ok to ask (though i know i've mentioned it in other threads), as we have to wear a Tie probably and though I hate the term "Skinny Ties" and call them "Ties dune thin", I know thatn Skinnies will never replace doing it thin. I wonderd should I attempt to try it the thin-way like at School as it can look real smart still i believe done smartly

Any opinions are welcomed

Re: I might be doing a Catering Course with Waitering in Sept

Not ties again!!!!!! Just tie you tie like an adult. You're not at school anymore! Will you ever get this 'ties the thin way' out of your system? Its boring me. Sorry.
    Heaven knows I'm miserable now.

Comment

Its a bit like those guys that are stuck in the punk era wherby they refuse to wear a suit or conform to social stereotype in a workplace....even though its a uniform rule that things arent allowed to be worn they still turn up for interviews or jobs with piercings all over their ears or braces on their trousers and dr martin boots etc...trying to be anarchist or radically different. Follow the dress code of the workplace and youll be fine, if you go there acting like a 13 yr old brat then your immature nature will not raise you above other people as you may think...youd be suprised that the person who interviews you will be younger than you and have no interes/knowledge of "tie ettiquette" in school.

This tie thing is getting a bit like a weird fetish though.

Comment

Originally posted by RetroAEROSMITH View Post
        Its a bit like those guys that are stuck in the punk era wherby they refuse to wear a suit or conform to social stereotype in a workplace....even though its a uniform rule that things arent allowed to be worn they still turn up for interviews or jobs with piercings all over their ears or braces on their trousers and dr martin boots etc...trying to be anarchist or radically different. Follow the dress code of the workplace and youll be fine, if you go there acting like a 13 yr old brat then your immature nature will not raise you above other people as you may think...youd be suprised that the person who interviews you will be younger than you and have no interes/knowledge of "tie ettiquette" in school.

This tie thing is getting a bit like a weird fetish though.
        Well I think it can look smart tied/worn as so and yeah it's not "the done thing", but 1 day we'll all end up like Robots and if it's not harming anything/one ... well why fret!!?

Comment

You are obsessed.

Comment

Originally posted by Sly View Post
            You are obsessed.
            What's up with wanting to re-visit your youth ....?

Justothers re-visit it other way's I think!!!

Comment

Glad I'm not the only one getting sick of these stupid posts.

Sadly, making me want to stay away from the place

Comment

Originally posted by sixtyten View Post

How can it be stupid what i;'m saying? These are just part of my memory's from the 80s!

Comment

Originally posted by sixtyten View Post

Totally agree!

Comment

Originally posted by 80sChav View Post
                    How can it be stupid what i;'m saying? These are just part of my memory's from the 80s!
                    Sorry mate but as i posted earlier, you seem to have some obsession with ties 'the thin way'. Frankly I'm really bored and sick of reading the same posts in different threads.

Comment

Mate, this is boring but theres nowt like tying a tie with a full Windsor knot. Now, sorted.

Comment

I think that's enough about ties now, thread closed.

Also can I remind members they can filter which threads/posts they read in their control panel, I thank you
                        The only thing to look forward to is the past

Comment

Working...
                        X