Your oldest video tape ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Your oldest video tape ...

Mine would be a first release of the movie Jaws onto video from 1980.

Comment

Originally posted by xmark1234 View Post
      gosh tha a tuff one ive been recording vhs and buying them from early 70s so i say all mine got loft full of vhs tapes there every where ( anyone want buy them lol)
      Any early big box videos I would certainly be interested in buying.
      Anything from the 70s until around 84 would be my particular cup of tea.
      If you are seriously interested in selling them, could you possibly get a list together ?

Also, you may well have some rare stuff on the tapes you recorded yourself,
      What kind of things do you have ?

Comment

Ill buy them heh.

you must have tons of stuff tapes from tv and im sure some is worth a bit.
        but u would be better keeping it. childhod memories and all.

gosh tha a tuff one ive been recording vhs and buying them from early 70s so i say all mine got loft full of vhs tapes there every where ( anyone want buy them lol)
        FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

ill do a list of wha i got guys there aint many tv shows all films the recorded ones i went through one day and brought the original vhs and destoryed the one i got from tv as breaks in films from itv theres loads but ill do list for you and send it over to u
          THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE TRUST NO ONE

Comment

I remember our first VCR - a Ferguson VideoStar - big silver toploader. I also remember the first film we ever saw on it. It was called "The Exterminator" - looking back it's a pretty poor film but as it was the first video we ever watched I think we actually invited the neighbours round to come see it.

The local video shop carried on well into the 90's but when it closed down they had a sale and I bought a few vids - "The Exterminator" being one of them. It's probably not the same copy I watched back in the day but I bought it anyway. I've got it on DVD now as well so it'll never get watched on VHS even though I do still have a VHS player.

Cheers,
            Finnthdude.

Comment

ill do a list of wha i got guys there aint many tv shows all films the recorded ones i went through one day and brought the original vhs and destoryed the one i got from tv as breaks in films from itv theres loads but ill do list for you and send it over to u
              Cheers mate, that would be awesome. I'm particularly interested in big box originals, but whatever you find will be interesting.

Comment

The oldest tape I have, which I still have from when it was new, is an E-180 VHS tape bought from Granada TV & Video in 1986.

Unfortunately two-thirds of it are taken up by a movie recorded in the 90s sometime, but after it is some stuff from TOTP in 1987, and some stuff from ITV/Granada...including a full episode of "Prospects".
                Last edited by RetroTechRules; 27-07-2013, 17:34.

Comment

The oldest tapes i have is a Betamax tape from 1981 and a VHS tape from 1983

Comment

cant really say what my my oldest is for certain but ive quite a lot from 1981 and before.
                    films like halloween etc.
                    FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

Still got a Betamax tape from around 1980, have no idea what (if anything) is on it

Comment

My family only got a VCR in 1989 (the same year as we had a telephone for the first time).

I had a few tapes from 1989 to 1993, mostly films and Christmas stuff, but a lot of things were taped over, got lost or chewed up in the machine.

My oldest recording was from Sunday 6th February 1994, and it was the Central Match Live, seen on ITV in the Midlands, and it was the post-Clough Nottingham Forest v Leicester City match of the 1993-1994 season. Tony Francis and Jimmy Greaves were in the studio. The final score was: 4-0; we were without Stan Collymore, but it helped us get back to the Premier League after a season away.
                        I've everything I need to keep me satisfied
                        There's nothing you can do to make me change my mind
                        I'm having so much fun
                        My lucky number's one
                        Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

Lizzy Dipping from 1974; found the tape in a charity shop
                          sigpic
                          Do you really believe the other side without provocation would launch so many ICBM's, subs and ships knowing that we would have no option to launch as well? It would break our MAD Treaty (Mutually Assured Destruction) not to mention the end of the world as we know it.

Comment

Surely you mean Lizzie Dripping?
                            DON'T TELL HIM YOUR NAME PIKE!!

Comment

Originally posted by Finnthedude View Post
                              I remember our first VCR - a Ferguson VideoStar - big silver toploader. I also remember the first film we ever saw on it. It was called "The Exterminator" - looking back it's a pretty poor film but as it was the first video we ever watched I think we actually invited the neighbours round to come see it.

The local video shop carried on well into the 90's but when it closed down they had a sale and I bought a few vids - "The Exterminator" being one of them. It's probably not the same copy I watched back in the day but I bought it anyway. I've got it on DVD now as well so it'll never get watched on VHS even though I do still have a VHS player.

Cheers,
                              Finnthdude.

Ah, yes, The Exterminater. I saw it at the cinema on its release and also have it on Betamax from 1981.

My oldest tapes would be from mid-1980: a pre-recorded tape of Soldier Blue and a few blank tapes all Betamax.

Comment

When I was younger (a few years before my family had got a VCR ourselves), I used to assume that all tapes were pre-recorded as I hardly ever saw any evidence of programmes and films recorded from the TV.

I remember at school watching a Disney film on a VCR and as it was an ITV recording, I was amazed to see a commercial break recorded on tape - it looked fascinating at the time, although they were fast-forwarded onto the next part. I suppose that is why I enjoy watching old ad breaks on YouTube, although for slightly different reasons these days.
                                I've everything I need to keep me satisfied
                                There's nothing you can do to make me change my mind
                                I'm having so much fun
                                My lucky number's one
                                Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

Working...
                                X