Your oldest video tape ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your oldest video tape ...

Whether it is bought or taqped ...... what is your's. My one is some recording's of Bread from 1987 and Grange Hill in 1988 the next oldest.

Until about 18 months-2 years since I was proud and pleased tohave the Bread Rome Special from 1988 on tape - taped new at Xmas 1988. As well on there was Cliff richard's original performance at ( i believe the Royal Albert hall, but i'd stand corrected if wrong) of Misletowe and Wine that was on before Bread that year.

The tape was was sadly very very very old and amazingly given recording's from better Video Machine's held up well, but stood the test of time but sadly we became divorced and I feel i'll never see the Rome Episode ever again, but i was pleased to have it for near on 21 years non-the-less

Following all these I have the Bread Xmas 1989 Special which i'd be truly devasted to loose to "wear and tare" (more wear hopefuly), but touch wood it could easily eclipse the former Xmas Special in age terms I believe and feel and is well en-route (again touch wood and lady luck permitting) to it's "25th" birthday

Re: Your oldest video tape ...

all the tapes i havewell it just happens im a collector of videos and i have just over a thousand.

id say my oldest is from 1976 to the devil a daughter on thorn emi.
    but i need to check to see if i have any older than that.

any tapes i have are from the seventies up until 1986.

i have tapes from all over the world.
    FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

Originally posted by darren View Post
      well it just happens im a collector of videos and i have just over a thousand.

Great Darren. What about Grange Hill, do you have many old tapings of that?

Comment

Originally posted by 80sChav View Post
        Great Darren. What about Grange Hill, do you have many old tapings of that?
        sadly i have none mate.:cry:

im after grange hill and dr who videos they came out on bbc video.

Comment

Hmm, they are incredibly difficult to come across and you'll be very lucky to come across the Grange Hill Videos Darren. Same with the Ferry Aid record i've got - but sadly it does'nt work good at all.

Comment

Hmm, they are incredibly difficult to come across and you'll be very lucky to come across the Grange Hill Videos Darren. Same with the Ferry Aid record i've got - but sadly it does'nt work good at all.
            yes i can imagine how tough they are to get mate.

its fair to say anyone who has GH or dr who vids will not want to let them go.

two of the greatest british series.

Comment

yes i can imagine how tough they are to get mate.

its fair to say anyone who has GH or dr who vids will not want to let them go.

two of the greatest british series.
              I know someone who luckily 9amazingly so i'd say) dropped on a GH one once in saying this. Did you look at the GH Forum I mentioned to you Darren? You'd love that there mate .... packed to the rafters with GH talk it is.

Comment

I know someone who luckily 9amazingly so i'd say) dropped on a GH one once in saying this. Did you look at the GH Forum I mentioned to you Darren? You'd love that there mate .... packed to the rafters with GH talk it is.
                can you send me the link to the forum mate.

Comment

can you send me the link to the forum mate.
                  Sorry, Links are'nt my specialality and i'm torrid at them mate, I just can't do/manage them. If you just type Grange Hill Online in on Goggle/Yahoo etc and you'll find it easy from there mate.

Comment

Mine are probably early-mid 80s. We didn't get a video recorder until 1983 and the oldest ones i've still got are a Duran Duran video single call Dancing on the valentine and a making of the Band aid single.
                    "GAME OVER MAN, GAME OVER"

Comment

I have many old BBC Dr Who vids and a Grange Hill vid (season 1)
                      I also have well over 10,000 tapes.

Comment

Oh,and i'd be willing to part with them if you have anything to swap.

Comment

We did not get a video recorder until 1989, but I do own a rental film from 1981 - THE PASSAGE - a film with Malcolm McDowell WW2 German Officer good war film stuff!

When I lost my uncle, (He owned one of the first domestic type VCR machines - Ferguson Videostar? Big clunky press down button/levers? 1980/81, I was given his tapes, a large pile (some of which I have not had time to go through) and a couple of these tapes have the complete Charles and Diana wedding on.

Also I have almost complete footage of the return of the Falklands war heroes.

I suppose there are numerous lost adverts too, it just takes time to sift through it all.

Also, a promotional studio tape by HEAVEN 17 Contenders. Not sure on the year of this one.

Comment

but i need to check to see if i have any older than that.
                            The Thorn-EMI video of To The Devil A Daughter was released twice. The 1st issue was released in July 1982 (TVC 900224 2), the 2nd release was May 1985 (TVS 900224 2). The film itself was released in 1976.
                            Heaven knows I'm miserable now.

Comment

Im trying to upload all my decent stuff that i had stuck at my mothers since around the 90 era. we didnt have a video till 87-88 and stuff id taped on there has long gone. I managed to save some stuff though and through uploading it to youtube have had some fantastic comments.
                              Ive chucked a load of adverts from the 90s on there, programmes like active8,an episode of Ghill,jobs for the girls....basically stuff that never gets shown anymore.

Without spamming the forums with my channel on youtube here is a link some may like the odd bit of stuff. I prefer to upload and share rather than hoard and hide it. Ive run out of tapes now though and am probably annoying family if they have any tapes they dont want. id like to go through.

http://www.youtube.com/user/ace170874?feature=mhee

Comment

Working...
                              X