Your oldest video tape ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Your oldest video tape ...

I remember on the last day of term at school we had a screening of some cartoons that had been recorded off air, when having a video was still a novelty.

The blue & yellow BBC1 globe with the mirror behind was before some of them.
    The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

I remember that 1991 was the first Christmas that I started to officially tape programmes from the TV - as my nephew was to be born the following year, I thought that I would tape some programmes for him when he got older.

I got a twin pack of Bush E240 tapes from Woolworths in The Shires when I visited Leicester for the first time just before Christmas that year. I remember recording the premiere of Father Christmas, and that year's showing of The Snowman, as well as the Disney film Alice in Wonderland. Mary Poppins (first ITV showing of the film) and Dumbo were on the other tape.

Tapes long gone now of course.
      I've everything I need to keep me satisfied
      There's nothing you can do to make me change my mind
      I'm having so much fun
      My lucky number's one
      Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

Originally posted by culnara View Post
        Surely you mean Lizzie Dripping?
        Yes Sorry typo
        sigpic
        Do you really believe the other side without provocation would launch so many ICBM's, subs and ships knowing that we would have no option to launch as well? It would break our MAD Treaty (Mutually Assured Destruction) not to mention the end of the world as we know it.

Comment

Originally posted by Twocky61 View Post
          Lizzy Dipping from 1974; found the tape in a charity shop
          The show is from 1974, but that video wasn't released until many years later.

Comment

My first would have been an L500 beta tape (2hrs 10mins), which came with our Sanyo VCR in 1980. My first VHS tape would have been in 1986 when I bought my first VHS VCR, probably an E180 or E240.

I remember buying an L750 (3hrs 15mins) beta tape from Rumbelows in September 1980. It cost me £14.95, which was about 25% of my weekly wage at the time.

Comment

Anyone from the Midlands may remember Derann in Dudley. They sold Super 8mm films and later video films. My first pre-recorded was Soldier Blue from them on beta in 1980 and it cost £29.99. I am not from anywhere near Dudley, but that was the closest place that sold pre-recorded films.

Comment

My saddo offering is the ENTIRE coverage of the 1991 Cup Final from the Beeb. I pretended it was for my son, who would have been little more than a baby then, to see Spurs actually winning something in his lifetime. Sadly, I wasn't far wrong either. I swear it's a three hour tape.

I still have the complete set of Blake's 7 videos from the 90's, all 26 of 'em. Worth nowt of course but they were great to collect along with Star Trek Voyager tapes.

Lastly, does anyone still say 'can you tape that' when you record something to watch later on your tivo box or whatever ?

Comment

Working...
                X