The Doors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Doors

Right all you Doors fans..time to come forth and share in your love of The Doors!

Fav Doors album? Mine is LA Woman

Re: The Doors

Strange Days for me (or Waiting For The Sun)

Comment

Roadhouse Blues is my absolute favorite song from The Doors.

Comment

The End, People are strange, break on through. LA Woman. By strange co-incidence, I wear the same octagonal glasses that Ray Manzarek wore :-)

Comment

My favourite songs are Riders on the storm and light my fire the late Jim had a great voice

Comment

I absolutely adore this band but I only have one friend who likes them! Most people - rightly, IMHO - see Morrison as a narcisstic eejit who - wrongly, of course - had no talent! I have all the albums but my favourite is the one I'm listening to when anyone asks me...
            Time flies like the wind, fruit flies like bananas - go figure!

Comment

I like quite a lot of the Doors music, but some of their later material seemed to lack the focus of the earlier stuff.

They managed well in spite of not having a bass player, Ray Manzarek tended to supply the basslines with a pedal, though they did use sessionists on some recordings.

There's a book on "worst" singles & albums where the writers don't have much time for the Doors, & rank the live album "Alive She Cried" in their top 50 worst albums.
              The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

La Woman is a great song

Comment

The Doors are still the hit

Comment

Working...
                  X