Lyric query

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lyric query

Not much to go on here but I've just remembered singing the line "don't wanna be famous, don't wanna be anyone else but me..." on a repeating loop as a kid in the '80s. Does anyone know if this was from a song/theme tune/anything else?
    1976 Vintage

Re: Lyric query

It was definitely a song, because I remember it as well. I'll try and find out who it was by, and get back to you. That's if no-one else does.
    "We're the Sweeney son, and we haven't had any dinner!"

Comment

Sorry Tricky, I've drawn a blank. Anyone?
      "We're the Sweeney son, and we haven't had any dinner!"

Comment

Thanks for trying AM. I've tried searching for those lyrics but nothing comes up. At least I know it wasn't something I made up myself.
        1976 Vintage

Comment

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/in...1135148AApSYfh

Is this it ?

Comment

sorry what I have cut and posted bears not resemblance to your lyrics - don't think it will be the one somehow

Comment

I think I came up with that one myself when I was searching. Close but it isn't it. Thanks for looking!
              1976 Vintage

Comment

I know its a long shot but it isnt Godley and Creme- orig from 10cc Under Your thumb is it- dont wanna be under yr thumb forever, dont wanna be- under your thumb, under your thumb, etc etc. Just in case.

Comment

No, I just had a listen and it isn't Under Your Thumb. The lyrics definitely have 'don't want to be famous' in them. Thanks for the suggestion though.
                  1976 Vintage

Comment

Working...
                  X