Ad_Forums-Top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is anyone watching the Imagine-Nillson programe?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is anyone watching the Imagine-Nillson programe?

I have always always rated this guy, a total unique talent indeed. I love the song Everybody's Talkin' as was in the Only Fools & Horses Jolly Boys Outing but I love Without You more than that!

That (Without You) is such an amazingly sad but stunningly brilliant song that is one that can be called a real real one-off I think (which is'nt easy to Pigeon-Hole for many song's I think)

Re: Isa nyone watching the Imagine-Nillson programe?

Both songs are covers (Fred Neil/Badfinger)

Comment

Re: Is anyone watching the Imagine-Nillson programe?

I caught the first half of this, and I got to admit that apart for the song Everybody's Talkin' I knew nothing of this guy at all!
      However I sky+'d the remainder of the programme and will definitely find out more about him, he seems an interesting character.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Paulos View Post
        I caught the first half of this, and I got to admit that apart for the song Everybody's Talkin' I knew nothing of this guy at all!
        However I sky+'d the remainder of the programme and will definitely find out more about him, he seems an interesting character.
        I think (but am not 100%) that did'nt The BeautifulSouth cover Everybody's Talkin' year's later before they went into doing more cover versions than their own song's!!? Still I like Without You very very much - as I say it's sad but brilliant and I think that's why I love the song!

Comment

Yes The Beautiful South did quite a nice version. They also did a covers album about 10 years years ago.
          The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

No. I didn' watch it-I don't like Yentob.

Comment

I saw it. Such a shame that the guy basically threw his music career down the toilet, by hanging out with people like John Lennon.

he could've done much more.

Comment

Just came across this thread from a few months ago and thought I'd comment.

I watched this programme and I found it fascinating. I knew a little about Nillson (everybody's talkin etc), but didn't know that much about the man himself or a great deal of his work. A very talented man.

Comment

Working...
                X