Name of this arcade Game ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Name of this arcade Game ??

Remember playing this game in our local arcade, but just can't remember the name of it
    I thought it was commando, but t'internet just keeps throwing up the same Commando game ( which i do remember )

Right, the game play is you running from left to right of the screen - platform
    you are a commando type person dropped into enemy territory ( Germans )
    as far as I remember you keep running right, with the enemy coming towards you
    shooting their guns ( you only have a big knife, but i think you can pick up some weapons too ?? ) there are also guys with flame throwers, and one of the maps is during the winter at a harbour ?? end of level I think was signalled by a siren going off, then a truck would appear then stop, out of the back would come lots of enemy's and every so often German shepherds would run and attack you too...any ideas folks ??

Just discovered that you can get loads of retro games through the Xbox 360, already got " Yie ar kung fu " and " Time Pilot " but trying to get a game that you cannot remember the name too is proving to be a problem LOL
    DON'T TELL HIM YOUR NAME PIKE!!

Re: Name of this arcade Game ??

The Game was "Green Beret"...its also on the xbla under Rush 'n' Attack...im suprised you havent downloaded demos of most titles you arent sure of as theyre free...if you dont like them then delete them.

Comment

aaaahhh that's it, I remember now >< Thanks RetroA 2 be honest the xbox is just a dust collector, think the last time it was on was over six months ago LOL, right gonna see if Green Beret is there

Thanks Again ;D
      DON'T TELL HIM YOUR NAME PIKE!!

Comment

It was Green Beret (but I was **** on it) and it was another east V West in the here being the titular green beret and the other soldiers bieng Russians.
        WELCOME TO HELL!!!

Comment

I remember Green Beret. I am not sure I ever played it in an arcade but had a home computer conversion for it--probably the C64.

Comment

I remember some of the soldiers in Green Beret were wearing winter outfits including fur hats so I presume they were supposed to be Russian.

Once I saw someone playing on it in an arcade & his girlfriend wasn't impressed by the fact you had to kill a load of guard dogs in one level!
            The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

Originally posted by RetroAEROSMITH View Post
              The Game was "Green Beret"...its also on the xbla under Rush 'n' Attack...im suprised you havent downloaded demos of most titles you arent sure of as theyre free...if you dont like them then delete them.

Rush n Attack was the name the NES version got in the PAL region, I think Green Beret is a much better name. I can't remember if the European arcade game was still called Green Beret. I remember the arcade game being ridiculously hard though.

Comment

Yeah the Arcade Game was called Green Beret, as were the home ports to the Home Computers of the time (Spectrum, C64, Amstrad etc)

Comment

Great game this I got on xbox 360 and still not completed I remember throwing coins into arcade machines to play this game
                  THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE TRUST NO ONE

Comment

Working...
                  X