Jackanory

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackanory

A staple of our childhoods! Even watching some of the episodes on youtube now I get that cosy warm glow of settling down in front of the TV and dreaming off into another world where a brilliant performer would capture and catapult my imagination.Jackanory worked (and it stayed almost exactly the same over the years) all it involved was an actor reading from children's novels or from folk tales, usually while seated in an armchair. Every minute or so a cartoon drawing of the section being read about would be shown as still drawing on the TV screen. Usually one book or story would occupy five fifteen-minute episodes, from Monday to Friday.Jackanory was the programme that first made me aware of Rik Mayall, when he read Road Dahls

More...

Re: Jackanory

Eee no I couldn't get away with Jackanory at all. Thought it was boring. Weird as I liked our teacher reading us stories at school, but that was as far as it went. I preferred to write/imagine my own stories than read or listen to someone elses. I don't think Jackanory was visual enough for me. Just some old croaker sitting in a seat, although I appreciate the quality of the presenters that they had now.
    1976 Vintage

Comment

Working...
    X