Eighties Afternoon Tv

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eighties Afternoon Tv

Set in the rag trade of the early eighties, this drama was aired weekday afternoons.

Re: Eighties Afternoon Tv

Was this series called GEMS ? It might have been march 1984?

I seem to remember making clothes while it was on, (that's when you could make a 1980s dolman sleeved top from 2 bits of material, usually heavy jersey cloth, slash neck with a large button detail to one side at the front?)

The main guy in it was dark haired, and quite a chisel featured handsome sort?

Interesting one this!

Comment

I was too young to remember this.

Tony Slattery was involved & wrote some of the episodes, as mentioned on Room 101.
      The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

Could be Mackenzie starring Lynda Bellingham
        Heather

Comment

Originally posted by Richard1978 View Post
          I was too young to remember this.

Tony Slattery was involved & wrote some of the episodes, as mentioned on Room 101.
          it could be S&M you mean it was his own show it was an improvisational comedy series he starred in with mike mcshane.
          FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

There was a show called "The RagTrade"
            http://uk.imdb.com/title/tt0145631/
            But that was more entertainment/ comedy from around 1977
            sigpic

Comment

How about this?

I reckon the answer is Gems though.

Comment

Does anyone else remember Take The High Road or Farm House Cookery? Those were also shown in the afternoons, as well as How We Used to Live, The Sullivans, all depressing twoddle lol.

Comment

Crown Court theme tune reminds me of being off sick and pre school times....also the News At One with Peter Sissons and Leonard Parkin - green titles with a woman typing away

Comment

I remember seeing the 1954-70 run of How We Used To Live at school.

I was trying to remember all the ITV Lunchtime soaps when I was young, as well as The Sullivans, I recall Emmerdale Farm (back when it was almost The Archers in vision, & on only twice a week), The Young Doctors, & Sons & Daughters.

When my Mum was having a clearout of cookery books I managed to save a few, including the Farmhouse Kitchen one, complete with Yorkshire TV logo on the spine.
                    The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

Originally posted by sf1378 View Post
                      Does anyone else remember Take The High Road or Farm House Cookery? Those were also shown in the afternoons, as well as How We Used to Live, The Sullivans, all depressing twoddle lol.
                      I certainly do remember all that depressing twaddle. And even MORE depressing was Out of Town with Jack Hargreaves, :cry: and About Britain (ugh)

Memories of long summer holidays, with f**k all on the TV, come flooding back!

Comment

Working...
                      X