This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forum back up and running again!

Some of you may have noticed that our beloved forum disappeared for a while this afternoon after I updated the code with a security patch. After a LOT of stress and hassle, the forum is finally back online and working as it should be. We ended up having to restore the entire forum from a backup which took us back in time to 9pm the previous evening. This means that the last 18 hours of forum activity was lost but it did get us back up and running again within a relatively short space of time.

A big thanks to our hosting partners Rackspace who did a fantastic job getting us back online!
    Do You Remember the 70s, 80s and 90s?
    http://www.DoYouRemember.co.uk

Re: Forum back up and running again!

Huh, I thought it was my cookies that were borked.

Comment

Originally posted by remember View Post
      Some of you may have noticed that our beloved forum disappeared for a while this afternoon after I updated the code with a security patch. After a LOT of stress and hassle, the forum is finally back online and working as it should be. We ended up having to restore the entire forum from a backup which took us back in time to 9pm the previous evening. This means that the last 18 hours of forum activity was lost but it did get us back up and running again within a relatively short space of time.

A big thanks to our hosting partners Rackspace who did a fantastic job getting us back online!
      Its just as well it was backed up mate.

Have you any idea what made this happen.
      did someone hack the site.
      FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

Glad its all sorted, you picked the one day I've been out. Just as well.. I'd have had a fit lol
        Heather

Comment

Yes fortunately the site is backed up thoroughly every day. The site wasn't hacked, it was just a software update that went wrong.
          Do You Remember the 70s, 80s and 90s?
          http://www.DoYouRemember.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by huggie74 View Post
            Glad its all sorted, you picked the one day I've been out. Just as well.. I'd have had a fit lol
            Aren't you glad H you where out.

Good to see the site is back to normal.
            FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

I was offline for 24 hours so i missed that.
              Glad it's been fixed.

Comment

I note with a slight degree of alarm that you are using vBulletin. I had an ex Army forum with them and it was screwing up AND costing a bomb in upgrades. It was mega expensive since an American company bought them out. I now use another which cost me 'cost' of software (about $140) and only $25 bi-annual upgrade fee AND they do the upgrades!!! Irrespective of how many, and when. Whooooooooooooooooooooooo!!! I might be wrong but your software is behind too!

Comment

Working...
                X