Sunday Night TV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sunday Night TV

Used to hate Sunday nights in the 70s / 80s as had to go to school next day.

If I hear the music for Hart to Hart and Bergerac takes me straight back. Also Tales of the Unexpected used to be on too. Awful music, used to scare me.

Re: Sunday Night TV

Well, that's you, me, and my husband looks like we all hated Sunday evenings! How about the brass band music from thats life? I felt like the rot set in and the weekend was truly drawing to a close when Songs Of Praise came on !

Comment

I too associate some TV shows with the feeling of dread that the weekend was over. But if the following day was a bank holiday or a 'Baker Day', (as school inset days used to be called), then I had a warm feeling and could stay up later.

Nicola, if you do an advanced search for 'Sunday' as a thread title, there are lots of other memories of Sunday teatimes and evenings.

Comment

Funny, I felt exactly the same. As much as I enjoyed Bergerac, when the closing credits and music came on, it was a sad feeling - bedtime and school beckons.
        Although Friday night TV was great with the whole of the weekend stretching out before you.

Comment

Know the feeling. I hated 'Sunday, Sunday' with Gloria Hunniford and also 'Highway' with Harry Seacombe. As we weren't Christians we doubley felt urged not to watch it. Sorry to Christians. Sunday nights were depressing really.

Comment

Sunday nights used to be The Muppet Show and Thats Life....which used to end with Esther R saying "And Finally Cyril...."...which led to my Mum saying "bedtime"......which led to Monday....which led to school.....!!!! Hated that moment!

Comment

sunday night was the only night we had supper which was bubble & squeak (left overs with lots of fried onions & brown sauce-dad had a greenhouse!) Thats Life or A Fine Romance with Judy Dench!

Comment

Some shows seemed to shift from Sundays to Saturday (& possibly back) over time.

I can remember All Creatures Great & Small, Bergarac & That's Life doing this.
                The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

Interesting how high-quality Sunday BBC programming lives on.. or am I the only person here whjo bought the Howards Way boxset?

Comment

yes i loved sunday night telly.

last of the summer wine then thats life.

only thing was after thats life time for bed then up for school.
                    FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

Originally posted by mrgreedy View Post
                      Funny, I felt exactly the same. As much as I enjoyed Bergerac, when the closing credits and music came on, it was a sad feeling - bedtime and school beckons.
                      Although Friday night TV was great with the whole of the weekend stretching out before you.
                      HA HA HA - I *swear* I never read this before I started my thread. Oh dear.

Comment

sunday night tv was great last of the summer wine if that on gold i have to watch it always think of sunday nights when watch that
                        THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE TRUST NO ONE

Comment

sadly sunday telly is not as good now as it was back then.
                          L O T S W thats life where two shows i never missed great fun both of them.

Summer wine was a superb comedy no sswear words you dont need swear words for good comedy.

Originally posted by xmark1234 View Post
                          sunday night tv was great last of the summer wine if that on gold i have to watch it always think of sunday nights when watch that

Comment

i stopped watching summer wine when brian wilde who played foggy left in 97.

a lot of new characters came into it.
                            didnt realise it started in 1973.

Comment

I only have to hear the theme from Poirot and Jeeves and Wooster to get that horrible 'back to school, tomorrows' Monday' feeling. Urgh!

Comment

Working...
                              X