Lisa Stansfield

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lisa Stansfield

Northern born Lisa was of the most influential artist throughout the 80's & 90's. Lisa's debut solo album "Affection" sold 5 million copies worldwide in 1989, naturally giving her top status. She followed with a second album in 1992, "Real Love" and a third album in 1994, "So Natural", to enormous commercial success. It was to be another 3 years until Lisa released her self titled album "Lisa Stansfield", there were a further 5 albums released between 1998 & 2004.She was rewarded for her contribution to the music industry by being awarded 'Best British Female Artist', 'Best Album', 'Best Contemporary Song', 'Best New Artist', Just to name a few. Lisa turned her wide ranging talents to acting during 1998 and went on to star in films and perform in the London's West End theatres. Her most memorable hits include: "Thinking About His Baby" - 1987"People Hold On" - 1989"This Is the Right Time" - 1989 "All Around the World" - 1989"All Woman" - 1991"Never, Never Gonna Give You Up" -1997

More...

Re: Lisa Stansfield

Been around the world and ayayayayayay...kiss curl, funny hat and a funny nose!
    1976 Vintage

Comment

I have always liked Lisa since knowing of her music, ever since when I was around 13 years old. I think Lisa is a truly fantastic singer who has such a unique sound to her song's. I just hope one day I ma get to go one of her Concerts, which i've often hoped to go to.

80sChav

Comment

Did not think it was as far back as 87 that she was singing.
        Hard to believe its that long ago.

All arund the world.never gonna give you up, are probably my two faves.

but to be honest ive listened to few of her songs.

Is never gonna give you up not a cover of the rick astley song of the same name.
        FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

Originally posted by darren View Post
          Is never gonna give you up not a cover of the rick astley song of the same name.
          No is not. If it was one of your 'faves' you'd know this. Its actually a cover of a Barry White song from 1973.
          Heaven knows I'm miserable now.

Comment

Working...
          X