Ad_Forums-Top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1970's British TV music film / music video contest show...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1970's British TV music film / music video contest show...

Ok

In the 70's on British TV there was a show where teams competed to make a short film based around the same song, basically an early music video.

I think there were 3 teams and they all had to make a film/video for the same song, and then a panel voted on the best one. They didn't show the band, instead it was how ieach team interpreted the song and music.

One of the songs I remember was Elanor Rigby.

So, what was the show called.....and does anyone else remember it!

Re: 1970's British TV music film / music video contest show...

So far I had, "Screen Test", "The young film maker of the year", and "Sight an Sound" but none of them are the format I remember.

I was an early evening show, weekdays, and in colour, and maybe a half hour show. I think it had commercials, but thats a stretch. The funny thing is I don't remember it being on for more than one season.

I remember the teams were amateurs, and the "music videos" almost never had actors in them, they were more "artistic interpretations" of the music, sometimes they were cartoons.

Does this help anyone....it's driving me nuts!

Thanks,

Neil

Comment

Re: 1970's British TV music film / music video contest show...

This thread has been dormant for a long time, but I do recall the show, though the title eludes me. I am less certain that it was an ITV show, but it may have been. I agree that I don't think it lasted that long, and would put its screening around 1980, give or take a year or two. The panel may have been made up of pop celebrities of the time.

Comment

Working...
      X