Ad_Forums-Top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

80's ITV short drama series - now this one's going to be tricky to identify!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 80's ITV short drama series - now this one's going to be tricky to identify!

As the title says, I think this is a long shot because my memory of this drama is limited to just a couple of images, but here goes . . . .

I think this was a Sunday night drama from the mid 80's, possibly early 90's.

The things I remember are:

It was set in a surburn setting in London in the present day.
    One of the male characters lived in house which had a telescope mounted in a sort of tower attached to the house and he could lay in bed and look at the stars.

I'm afraid that's all I can remember! I remember thinking it was good, but can't add any further details, no actors names, no storey line, nothing!

Re: 80's ITV short drama series - now this one's going to be tricky to identify!

I've been manfully trying with this one. Do you remember roughly what type of actor might have played this stargazing character? I've tried imdbing whimsical writers but ran out of them.

Comment

Re: 80's ITV short drama series - now this one's going to be tricky to identify!

Originally posted by willpurry View Post
      I've been manfully trying with this one. Do you remember roughly what type of actor might have played this stargazing character? I've tried imdbing whimsical writers but ran out of them.
      Thanks for your efforts, I knew this was going to be tricky.

I've just consulted with SWMBO and she looked at me blankly! However I'm beginning to think it was mid to late 80's and not into the 90's.

I'm struggling to think of the actor, though I'd say he was probably mid 30's with no significant features (regular?), but I'm struggling beyond that.

I'll be amazed if anyone will identify this with the paltry details I've supplied, but I live in hope!

Comment

This sounds a lot like the first episode of Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian. Caspian's teacher takes him up on top of a tower to see the stars. It was shown on Sunday nights at the end of 1989 Here's the IMDb link:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0096681/?ref_=nv_sr_1

This is the boy.

Attached Files

Comment

It could also be The Box of Delights.

Attached Files

Comment

Working...
          X