The legend of Tim Tyler

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The legend of Tim Tyler

"The legend of Tim Tyler : the boy who sold his laugh" was a German kids drama.It had spooky music that sometimes resembled a 70's steamy movie, and was about a lad who sold his laugh to an evil baron, for the ability to win any bet, no matter how crazy the bet was.For example, he would bet that it would rain sweets - at which point a vending machine exploded and it literally rained sweets!The Series revolved around Tim trying to get his laugh back from the evil baron.it was cheesy with bad acting, but as a kid i was hooked!Now many years later i think, why didn't he think of just betting the baron would come and give him his laugh back?a great show overall!

More...

Re: The legend of Tim Tyler

I remember watching this, fairly good even if the dubbing was a little wonky in places.
    The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

I managed to get hold of soundtrack by Christian Bruhn. Really good and very 1970's. Ive got the whole series on DVD but unfortunately its in German with no english subtitles!

Comment

Talking of dubbing............there were a lot of children's serials in the 70's that were dubbed........can't think of any off hand but i,'m sure someone else can.

Comment

Originally posted by shilton dipper View Post
          Talking of dubbing............there were a lot of children's serials in the 70's that were dubbed........can't think of any off hand but i,'m sure someone else can.
          'The Flashing Blade' comes to mind, but that's got a thread of its own elsewhere on DYR. Belle and Sebastian? White Horses?
          I don't think I've ever seen 'The Legend of Tim Tyler'.

Comment

Originally posted by Marine Boy View Post
            'The Flashing Blade' comes to mind, but that's got a thread of its own elsewhere on DYR.

i reckon you know this forum inside out so im going to consult with you about stuff that may have been already done elsewhere........nowt worse than being on repeat eh?

Comment

Originally posted by shilton dipper View Post
              I reckon you know this forum inside out so im going to consult with you about stuff that may have been already done elsewhere........nowt worse than being on repeat eh?
              Lol! Well, I've been here a while. I always do a search before I start a thread, though it only works if the words aren't too short. But never worry about repeating. Huggie and HG can easily merge threads if needed.

Comment

The dubbed ones i remember were the original Heidi and the woman who was the mother in the adventures of Huckleberry Finn. Made in Canada but she couldn't speak a word of english!

Comment

A pic of Tim Tyler:

Comment

Silas was another dubbed show on at the same time as Tim Tyler.
                    The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

Monkey! has to be the most famous dubbed series.

Comment

Working...
                      X