Sonic the 20 year old hedgehog!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sonic the 20 year old hedgehog!

Time flies doesn't it. One moment you're a 7 year old playing Sega Master system, battling the villains in the new sonic the hedgehog game. Next you're a 27 year old, playing a Nintendo 3DS, battling the villains in the new Sonic the Hedgehog game... hang on? It seems just technology changes!

But it’s amazing to think that Sonic is now an aged gent of the video game world. When he burst onto the scene as a Sega rival to the ubiquitous Mario Brothers Franchise he became an instant hit, an instant icon.

Really, you can’t argue with 70 million game sales! By the time he is only 20 years old too! If only I was that precocious.

All his original fans are now in their late 20’s and 30’s! I remember having to save up for a Sega Mega Drive – but not having enough money to buy one so I had to buy the Sega Master System instead, but that still had the Sonic Hedgehog game installed so I was happy as Larry! (Larry is very happy isn’t he?)

And Sonic continues on as strong as ever – the news is that there is going to be a whole new Sonic Game for the Olympic games in London! Long gone are the days when Sonic and Mario battled against each other for ownership of the games market – now instead they battle on screen as fierce, but friendly, rivals.

Mario & Sonic at the London 2012 Olympic Games is actually happening! It’s almost finished – being developed by Sega Japan. The game will be released on the Wii on November 18, 2011 in Europe. It will also be released for the Nintendo 3DS in February 2012.

So keep on battling, get YOUR kids involved, and ready to get nostalgic again when Sonic reaches his 40th birthday! (My goodness I’ll be 57!)Subscribe in a reader

More...
    Do You Remember the 70s, 80s and 90s?
    http://www.DoYouRemember.co.uk

Re: Sonic the 20 year old hedgehog!

Well there you go my son first played Sonic when he was five and is still smitten with him now at twenty three
    sigpic
    'Dreams come true if you want them to'

Comment

Re: Sonic the 20 year old hedgehog!

The Japanese loved Sonic the Hedgehog so much that they named a gene after him. It made flies' bristles go spikey when it wasn't working. I know because I used to work on it .
      1976 Vintage

Comment

Working...
      X