Thundercats! Ho!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thundercats! Ho!

If you walk behind any 30 year old and say the three words “Thunder! Thunder! Thundercats…” there is a more than fair chance they will swing round and shout “Ho!!!!!’ – or well at least think it!

Thundercats were a massive part of an 1980's childhood – mine included. But they have been largely absent from our screen in recent years. I thought perhaps Mumm-ra the ever-living had finally caught up with them? Well, no they are alive and kicking and have been rebooted! Indeed, they started airing a brand new series on 11th September 2011 – Thundercats are BACK!

They are returning to the national consciousness faster than you think, with Thundercats action figures being released for this Christmas and even Peaches Geldof dressing up as Cheetara for the press launch of “Cartoon Network HD” - the channel that is promoting the new Thundercats series!

In fact demand for the new Thundercat figures has already outstripped supply.

There are a host of these new toys – so if you have children, be alert! Start looking now! The toy range consists of Thundercats figures, vehicles and role-play items from the brand new cartoon series, as well as Classic Collector Figures of Lion-O and Tygra from the original 80's TV show. The predicted top seller in the range looks set to be Lion-O's legendary weapon, the “Sword of Omens”.

I don’t know what the new series is like, I will seek it out soon, but they better not have messed with Snarf’s bad jokes at the end of each episode! They were classic indeed! Snarf!Subscribe in a reader

More...
    Do You Remember the 70s, 80s and 90s?
    http://www.DoYouRemember.co.uk

Re: Thundercats! Ho!

I've heard the new series is doing extremely well in many senses of the words. Some things have been changed but they add to the mythos positively. The toys look brilliant and Snarf doesn't talk at all, and looks much nicer.

Comment

Originally posted by sf1378 View Post
      I've heard the new series is doing extremely well in many senses of the words. Some things have been changed but they add to the mythos positively. The toys look brilliant and Snarf doesn't talk at all, and looks much nicer.
      so a new series is starting then.

i preferred snarf the way he was myself.

but will the characters still look the same wil each of them still have the same power they did from the original series.
      FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

here is the official trailer for the new series.
        looks great.

http://youtu.be/enQXITlKRgg
        here is the rinal opening for the eighties series.
        http://youtu.be/TqvM83K-f_Q
        Last edited by darren; 22-09-2011, 00:28.

Comment

A quick Google image search should explain things Darren. Whens the new series start in the UK then?

Comment

Originally posted by sf1378 View Post
            A quick Google image search should explain things Darren. Whens the new series start in the UK then?
            hi mate.
            i just saw the new thundercats series this morning on channel 5.
            it lasted an hour if u count ad breaks.
            its very similar to the original all the cast looks pretty much the same.
            very impressed with it i must say.

Comment

also found out King Claudus from this new series voiced by Larry Kenney is the voice of the original Lion-O.

countries of origin are the U.S and Japan.
              Last edited by darren; 19-12-2011, 01:05.

Comment

Working...
              X