Matchstick buildings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Matchstick buildings

Remember having this one christmas.It was supposed to be an easier way to build those matchstick building.Came with cardboard templates which you stuck together to form the base to stick the matchsticks on.I never got round to building one though,as i it would of taken ages
    Anyone else have one of these kits??

Re: Matchstick buildings

Aye, I got one. As with yours, there was no chance of it getting finished. I think mine was a church. I was severely disgruntled to get it, to be honest. Sure, I glued a few matches on to start it off. But no thanks. That was as far as it got. I had a teenaged life to lead.

Comment

Re: Matchstick buildings

I had one like this, it was a livery stables from a 'Wild West' series of buildings- I think there were six to collect in all, including a school house, a saloon bar and a sherriff's office. It was a present from a friend of my grandmother's, even at the time I remember thinking it was a strange thing to give somebody. Like Jamo, I started the kit but got bored with it, simply because it it was so laborious and didn't really involve any skill- having the cardboard template defeated the object of the excercise. In the end it was given to a retired miner friend of my grandfather's, who enjoyed doing things like that- I think he completed it and collected the rest of the series as well.

Comment

Working...
      X