Advert for sweets from 1970s

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advert for sweets from 1970s

Can anyone help me? I remember a tv advertisement (UK) from the 70s which I think had two children in it eating from a packet of sweets. The sweets had a slightly textured crispy coating and I think were pastel coloured. When the children put the sweets in their mouth their eyes twizzled around in their sockets and their hair stood on end! That is my memory anyway. I just remember really wanting to buy them to see if that happened to me. Please can anyone help as this is really bugging me?

Re: Advert for sweets from 1970s

This definitely rings a bell; I wasn't born in the 70s so if it was still running in the 80s I think I may have seen it. Can't remember what sweets it was though, I would guess maybe Fruit Pastilles, or possibly Skittles?

Comment

my first thought was fruit pastilles
      Heather

Comment

Thank you for trying. Neither of those and definitely light coloured candy textured shell and late 60s/early half of 1970s

Comment

I'd guess at Pascal Murray Fruity Pops

Comment

Originally posted by sixtyten View Post
            I'd guess at Pascal Murray Fruity Pops

Thank you so much for that. You are right. I don't suppose you know where I can find the TV advert do you? I've looked on YouTube and couldn't find it there and also generally looked on Google. Thank you in advance!

Comment

I think it was for 'Fizzy Fred's Fizzbombs', flying saucer shaped lozenges full of sherbert. I remember the ad., the 'swivelling eyeballs' were animated onto real film of kids. Had I been younger when I saw that it would've freaked me out! You could try typing in 'Fizzbombs' to a YouTube search and see what comes up- hope this helps.

Comment

here is ad ad for smarties in the 197'0's.
                http://youtu.be/TeuzOADyK5c
                FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

i wonder if the sweets you mean were called blobs as these fizzed in the mouth as i recall, hope it helps.

Comment

Working...
                  X