What old / retro computers and consoles do you currently own

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What old / retro computers and consoles do you currently own

I started collecting in 2003 and the most recent adition was a BBC model B that I got at the tail end of last year, sadly it's ROM card was loose and rattled around inside, snapping off a load of pins, so I'll have to solder on a new socket for it. Comes with the territory I guess.
    If it's lasted this long, it's worth keeping!

Comment

considering how old these cosolers are and how much they have been used they are in surprisingly goiod working order mate.
      FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

I'm surprised at one. It's a Spectrum and it is literally mint condition. It's the one I have set up on my desk and it gets regular use

Comment

Originally posted by Llamarama View Post
          I'm surprised at one. It's a Spectrum and it is literally mint condition. It's the one I have set up on my desk and it gets regular use
          Which spectrum is it.
          The rubber keyed original the 12k with built in tape deck.

I play most of my old consoles NES ,SNES, C64 C64 C.

the c64 c ihave is brand new.
          it was never opened or used till i played it a year ago.
          i bought it a year ago.

those power supplies are very heavy for the comodres.
          they are Like breeze blocks.

Comment

It's an issue 2 rubber keyed one, complete with the adaptor brick (when brick meant brick!) and the lead to connect it to the cassette recorder.

I can't fault the Commodores, nice clunky keyboard and had a user port to mess around with. I always thought the C revision was the best looking, it was very cool and futuristic. I have 2 of those, sadly one was left in the rain for ages courtesy of the previous user, and as such the keyboard and mainboard more or less turned to rust, however i'm saving the case for if I find either a space set of innards or a small x86 motherboard to retrofit it!

Comment

I have:
              • Commodore 64
              • Atari 2600
              • SNES
              • Mega Drive
              • PS1
              • PS2

(Also PS3.)

Love them all!

Comment

great stuff t.m.
                and do you play them all.
                And what games have you for the snes.
                any mario games metroid etc.

All my consoles get regular use.
                i tend to play each console for a few months then on to another.
                im currently playing the nes.

Comment

Originally posted by darren View Post
                  great stuff t.m.
                  and do you play them all.
                  And what games have you for the snes.
                  any mario games metroid etc.

All my consoles get regular use.
                  i tend to play each console for a few months then on to another.
                  im currently playing the nes.
                  Yeah, still play them all but not got the room to have them all hooked up constantly! (Apart from the poor Commodore which is buried in a cupboard I think.)

I've got the original Mario for the SNES, although I play more on Metroid and Zombies Ate My Neighbours. Still got the full Secret of Mana pack with the map

Comment

I still have an original nintendo NES. Loved it, spent hours a day on it. I still play it from time to time and it's still great. Loved the mario games, esp 1 and 3.

Comment

I've been collecting retro games for 18 months via the booters and charity shops, I have around 2000 games that me and my lad enjoy playing. There seems to be an endless supply of cheap retro games, PS1 and original Xbox are the most frequent, but I've still picked up 100 mega drive games in that time, a bunch of master system and snes titles too.

My most interesting find is an Oric Atmos for £6. I'm building a space themed bedroom for my lad and I'm using this for part of the centre console along with a Mac (£4) and a cool stereo/tv combo thingy (£10). The front of it will include a joystick and buttons connected to-hopefully- a raspberry pi and flat screen so he can play emulated retro games.
                      I collect game prices for retro consoles from eBay

Comment

Here goes,
                        I have -

ZX Spectrum +2
                        Amstrad CPC464
                        Atari ST
                        CBS Colecovision
                        Nintendo NES\SNES\N64\Gamecube\Wii
                        Sega Master System (1&2)\Megadrive (1&2)\Mega CD\32X\Saturn\Dreamcast
                        Sony PS1\PS2\PS3
                        Atari Jaguar
                        Amiga CD32
                        NEC PC Engine
                        Microsoft XBox\XBox360
                        Plus a Gameboy, Gameboy Advance, DS, Gamegear, and a few Game & Watches, Grandstand handhelds & Tomytronics & stuff.....

Comment

rather impressive mate.

did u buy all these when they originally came out or did you get some of them many yrs after they came out.[
                          and do u play all of them.

QUOTE=DemonEyeX;164590]Here goes,
                          I have -

ZX Spectrum +2
                          Amstrad CPC464
                          Atari ST
                          CBS Colecovision
                          Nintendo NES\SNES\N64\Gamecube\Wii
                          Sega Master System (1&2)\Megadrive (1&2)\Mega CD\32X\Saturn\Dreamcast
                          Sony PS1\PS2\PS3
                          Atari Jaguar
                          Amiga CD32
                          NEC PC Engine
                          Microsoft XBox\XBox360
                          Plus a Gameboy, Gameboy Advance, DS, Gamegear, and a few Game & Watches, Grandstand handhelds & Tomytronics & stuff.....[/QUOTE]

Comment

Originally posted by darren View Post
                            did u buy all these when they originally came out or did you get some of them many yrs after they came out.[
                            and do u play all of them.
                            Most of 'em are from when they originally came out (I'm a hoarder !)
                            All except for the Atari ST which I was given a few years back, & The Amiga CD32 which came from a Cash Converters about a year & a half ago.

All the consoles are wired up to TVs in my spare room, however I tend to play the games much more on my PC via emulators.
                            This way I can play all the classics looking good on a 50 inch TV, A lot of the older consoles look terrible on modern TVs because of the old school connections, this isn't a problem with emulation.

Comment

we are both hoarders then.
                              great u have most of them from when they came out.

its must be a real nostalgia trip.

hope you stilll have all the computer boxes.

all my consoles i originally ha back in the eighties but they got damaged etc..
                              bought them all again over the last 5 yrs or so.
                              still play them as well.

Originally posted by DemonEyeX View Post
                              Most of 'em are from when they originally came out (I'm a hoarder !)
                              All except for the Atari ST which I was given a few years back, & The Amiga CD32 which came from a Cash Converters about a year & a half ago.

All the consoles are wired up to TVs in my spare room, however I tend to play the games much more on my PC via emulators.
                              This way I can play all the classics looking good on a 50 inch TV, A lot of the older consoles look terrible on modern TVs because of the old school connections, this isn't a problem with emulation.

Comment

Working...
                              X