**** saturday night tv

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• **** saturday night tv

who remembers "you bet", that was terrible but i loved snuggling up to my dad and watching it, along with "how do they do that", they should bring both shows back.
    who presented them? i cant remember a thing!

I loved you bet, was it bruce forsyth? or matthew kelly?
    No man is worth your tears - and the one who is wont make you cry!

Comment

they both did then darren day done it too
      boo boo de boop

Comment

One thing I remember about You Bet was a strange Scottish woman on the panel who always wore outlandish clothes and really big specs. I think Mathew Kelly called her by her surname.

Comment

Re: **** saturday night tv

Originally posted by nosh_gobble View Post
          who remembers "you bet", that was terrible but i loved snuggling up to my dad and watching it, along with "how do they do that", they should bring both shows back.
          who presented them? i cant remember a thing!
          i just loved this show.
          some of the things they bet on whether they could do them was class.

yes matthew kelly presented it.

check this out.

http://youtu.be/xrJnmEbWCYY
          Last edited by darren; 11-06-2011, 01:18.
          FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

The king has to be Catchphrase!

"Say what you see!"

lol

Comment

I can't stand Catchphrase. Roy Walker's shouting does my head in. He's like a looped recorded message. "5 seconds, here we go" "It's good, it's not right" "Say what you see" "RRRRRRRRRIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHTTTTTT TTT" Maybe that's why it was called Catchphrase.
              "GAME OVER MAN, GAME OVER"

Comment

Originally posted by gturner200561 View Post
                One thing I remember about You Bet was a strange Scottish woman on the panel who always wore outlandish clothes and really big specs. I think Mathew Kelly called her by her surname.
                Sounds like Kate Copstick who always popped up on these shows and lots of kid's TV shows too. I remember her being referred to by her surname.
                1976 Vintage

Comment

I liked You Bet. When Matthew Kelly presented it my Mum used to say he looked smelly and like a dog...lol. Harsh! I think You Bet used to be live sometimes. Didn't like How Do They Do That...? Des Lynam was going through a weird popularity phase on tv and he just seemed dull to me, the woman on the show was a bit randy looking to me...then Eamon Holmes presented it and I really cannot stand him - he just got fatter and fatter...His wife Kay Burley looks like she must play away a lot of the time, cannot blame her...lol.

Yep, You Bet was cool, the last presenter of the show was Davina MacCall who my Mum didn't like - but I did.

Comment

I remember watching 'You Bet' but mainly during it's Matthew Kelly years. I saw a few of the Brucie shows, but that cringe-worthy rap sign-off thing he always performed at the end of each show put me off somewhat.

Do you remember the Terry Wogan fronted 'Do The Right Thing'? - A video story would unfold in small sections, and (if I remember correctly), the audience were given a choice of directions the story could go depending on how they voted ("Do the right thing, and vote with your feet!"), and they would move around the studio and stand on an area marking their desired choice. The stories were usually based on some moral dilemma or other, and would reach a good or bad conclusion based on the audience's choices. I think there may have been a panel of celebrities putting their opinions across as well, I certainly remember Frank Skinner being on it. I can't remember if this was on Saturday nights, it might not have been - but worth remembering.
                    "We're the Sweeney son, and we haven't had any dinner!"

Comment

I remember Do The Right Thing, though I've got the feeling it was on during the week rather than saturdays. It was only a week or 2 ago I was thinking about it.

One of the BBC saturday morning shows had a similar feature a few years earlier, with viewers phone voting on which choice to make.
                      The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

Originally posted by branny View Post
                        I can't stand Catchphrase. Roy Walker's shouting does my head in. He's like a looped recorded message. "5 seconds, here we go" "It's good, it's not right" "Say what you see" "RRRRRRRRRIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHTTTTTT TTT" Maybe that's why it was called Catchphrase.
                        yes i love catchphrase im watching on challenge at the minute.

i thought roy waker was a great host.
                        he got really enthusiastic.

and another was dr who.
                        something i watched religiously every saturday.
                        FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

Originally posted by sf1378 View Post
                          I liked You Bet. When Matthew Kelly presented it my Mum used to say he looked smelly and like a dog...lol. Harsh! I think You Bet used to be live sometimes. Didn't like How Do They Do That...? Des Lynam was going through a weird popularity phase on tv and he just seemed dull to me, the woman on the show was a bit randy looking to me...then Eamon Holmes presented it and I really cannot stand him - he just got fatter and fatter...His wife Kay Burley looks like she must play away a lot of the time, cannot blame her...lol.

Yep, You Bet was cool, the last presenter of the show was Davina MacCall who my Mum didn't like - but I did.
                          He is actually married to that Ruth woman (Langford??) with whom he sometimes presents This Morning.

Comment

I'm not a fan of Eamon Holmes either. Jon Culshaw used to do a cracking impression of him but the misery got his lawyers involved and he had to stop doing it. No sense of humour.
                            "GAME OVER MAN, GAME OVER"

Comment

on one of the first occasions my future wife took me to tea at her parents house her mum, dad and nan was was watching that trash catchphrase i had honestly never seen the show before and was wondering how anyone could find it entertaining yes im a bit of a snob when it comes to "quizzes" if it isnt mastermind or university challenge its below me anyway after sitting through the mind numbing banality for about ten minutes they put up a graphic of a little boy and a cow "cowboy " i quick as a flash mumbled not believing i had sunk so low into bothering to want to join in with the crass entertainment after what seemed like an eternity with more then half a dozen really bad attempts at the answer by the contestants one finally said cowboy this lead to great excitement in the living room with the wifes mum and nan seemingly turning into those les dawson /roy barrowclough characters folding arms and saying "oooh trace youve got a goodun here hes so intelligent" and "oooh hes so smart" etc after 23 years of marriage i still ask the wife if every other boyfriend she took home couldnt add up to 3 or tie his shoe laces because of that reaction
                              Last edited by n3llyo; 19-06-2011, 14:32.

Comment

Working...
                              X