Ad_Forums-Top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help remembering a children's cassette tape / audio book from the early 90s!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help remembering a children's cassette tape / audio book from the early 90s!

There were 2 cassette tapes I loved listening to when I was young (very early 1990s) - one I have found, it's Minnie 'N Me: Songs for Girls sung by Christa Larson.

The second I am having trouble finding, mostly because I don't remember much details. It was an audio book with lots of different stories in them, but they weren't traditional stories. They were really creative and imaginative stories, I remember one of them is something about how the alphabet was created, but it was really different from most stories, involving people in a village... I'm afraid that's all I can remember! I just remember the stories were really cool and unusual. The narrator was a male.

If you have any idea what I'm talking about (I know it's a reach), I would greatly appreciate any info!!

Re: Help remembering a children's cassette tape / audio book from the early 90s!

HI ,
    I know the tape set you are thinking of. Its called the Little yellow learning bus. It came out in 91 . I think it was a five set package- Numbers, Letters, Stories from other lands, jokes and riddles and the last one was called Health. It was such a great set and so hard to track down these days

Comment

Re: Help remembering a children's cassette tape / audio book from the early 90s!

Was it Just So Stories by Kipling? Its a classic book, and must have been taped many times. But here's the story of How The Alphabet Was Made, to see if it's the same book you remember. Probably not the same recording.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eqN3FYpZJlU

Comment

Working...
      X