Ad_Forums-Top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does anyone remember this Cartoon Advert?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anyone remember this Cartoon Advert?

On ITV networks, well TVS when I was little there was a cartoon advert that didn't really promote anything but it was shown quite a lot back in the early 1980s - to better give it a date, it was once featured on 3-2-1, well, the musicians were....

The cartoon consisted on an astronaut in typical NASA style outfit and a mirrored visor on some sort of hovering platform and he comes across a group of musicians dressed in the style of outfits of the 17th/18th century. The thing was these musicians had mirrored faceplates covering their faces. If anyones seen Cobra Commander from Action Force/G.I.JOE they'll know what I mean....

I've searched for the clip and cannot find it....I also remember that apparently they once had the 'musicians' on some programme and they removed one of their gloves off to reveal a robotic hand-clearly some publicity stunt at the time as the musicians appeared on 3-2-1 and then one of them came over afterwards and handed Ted COMB OVER Rogers the question card and it was a young woman, she'd removed her mask. So, basically there was an animated version and a live version....

What was it all about and where can I see a clip of it....?

Re: Does anyone remember this?

I know what you mean but can't remember the title. It sounds suspiciously like a science fiction animated pop video in which the said musicians're beamed aboard a big space ship (presumably for preservation) and had a pop/disco sound to it with an Italian name. That's as much as I know so anybody was young during the eary '80s might be able to shed some more light.
    WELCOME TO HELL!!!

Comment

Re: Does anyone remember this?

This is driving me mad I can picture the advert from your description but I can't think of the name of the band/musicians I think it was a pop/classical music crossover and if I could find a decent website that has the top 30 albums week by week from the eighties I'm sure we'd find them.

Comment

Re: Does anyone remember this Cartoon Advert?

Yep, we are cornering it in terms of descriptions. I remember it had horns used in the music, and it had a sort of ' Classical Baroque' sound to it with a disco mix....Hopefully someone will enlighten us!

Comment

I may be wrong, but, I seem to remember a group called RONDO VENEZIANO?

Comment

Originally posted by FLYING SAUCER View Post
            I may be wrong, but, I seem to remember a group called RONDO VENEZIANO?
            100% right. Thanks a lot for answering that one!

Comment

http://youtu.be/q6Vvja2kV_g

Here it is. Brought tears to my eyes nearly as I remember loving the video as a child....Thanks for giving me the name Flying saucer.

Comment

Originally posted by sf1378 View Post
                100% right. Thanks a lot for answering that one!
                Yeah, nice one Flying Saucer. I could remember the video but not the name of the band/music.
                This is one of the two things I like about internet forums. Somebody might be able to help, even if you give a vague description, with query/question and unlike the newspapers, your opinions (within reason) get put up.
                WELCOME TO HELL!!!

Comment

Glad I could help! Also, was the music called Venice in Peril?

Comment

Yes, I think it was the English translation for it. Flying Saucer got it spot on. Heres the full 5 min extended version. Youtubes great for stuff like this once you know what something is.

http://youtu.be/VhnGW4DV7Jg

Comment

Working...
                    X