Count Chocula

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Count Chocula

Count Chocula! We had this cereal for about a month when i was 10 or so. It has been seared onto my memory as one of my happiest breakfast events ever!I think there must have been an offer on (We always ate whatever was on offer - I remember a month where we pretty much lived on broken biscuits).I think this time there must have been some American breakfast cereals coming over to try and break the UK cereal market - that or the local cash and carry had just got in some American brands. Anyway, my mum snapped them up. It made such a pleasant change from readybrek and weetabix!The whole theme of the cereal was scary - obviously Count Chocula was to do with count Dracula, but there were two other brands advertised on the back of the boxes too - "Booberry" featuring a ghost and "Franken-Berry" featuring (you guessed it) Frankenstein monster!

More...

Re: Count Chocula

The monster cereals are made by General Mills, & are still available in America.

There used to be a 4th one in the Range Fruit Brute, but was discontinued in the early 1980s.

A certainly director with the initials QT managed to keep an empty box for use as a prop in a couple of his films.
    The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

Working...
    X