The Complete Stone Roses

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Complete Stone Roses

Do you ever think back to some of the best gigs you've ever been to and think "Ah, I'll never have a night like that again"? Well, perhaps you will.

In the last few months and years there have been a constant stream of bands you NEVER thought would reform, reforming - or at the very least talking about getting together very soon!

The most recent news is that 1980's band, The Stone Roses, who quit acrimoniously in 1995 after cancelling their Glastonbury gig the same year are reforming for a special gig. The band have barely spoken in 15 years, but the original members of the band - Mani, Reni, Ian Brown and John Squire have decided to bury the hatchet and it looks like the news everyone was waiting for - tickets for their shows sold out in 14 minutes! Yes, 14 Minutes! And tickets for the gig are reportedly selling for over £1000! The tour is certainly on the cards, so keep your eyes peeled!

With prices like that being bandied around it’s no surprise that even Oasis' Noel Gallagher thinks he could start talking to his brother Liam again soon - though their timescale is a lot more sober - they say Oasis could get together to mark the milestone of their 20th anniversary in 2015. The band split in 2009 after the pair fell out backstage before a gig in Paris.

'In 2015, if we can put our differences aside, we can tour and play the album (Definitely Maybe) in its entirety for the 20th anniversary,' he told Rolling Stone.

In the past few years it has been the trend of trends. But who can tell what bands will come back - Spandau Ballet singer Tony Hadley had once said "Hell would freeze over before we play together again.", and, well it must be chilly in Hades, as they've just finished a reunion tour! Is this illegal? Perhaps someone should call The Police? Ah, they already have, and Sting and his fellow musicians have reformed and are touring too!

Of course over a year ago there was the announcement that Robbie Williams would be re-joining Take That and touring with them. And then this week, well the inevitable (post tour) news that Robbie is leaving Take That again, and that he will never play with them. Never, ever, ever, again. Hmmmm, well, lets wait and see, it's amazing what 15 years can do to change your mindset...Subscribe in a reader

More...
    Do You Remember the 70s, 80s and 90s?
    http://www.DoYouRemember.co.uk

Re: The Complete Stone Roses

I never expected The Stone Roses to reform, mainly as there seemed to be too much bad blood between the members.

The Eagles reformed a few years ago after saying they only would when hell freezes over, which was the name of the reunion tour.
    The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

Originally posted by Richard1978 View Post
      I never expected The Stone Roses to reform, mainly as there seemed to be too much bad blood between the members.

The Eagles reformed a few years ago after saying they only would when hell freezes over, which was the name of the reunion tour.
      how long where they split up for.
      ive never heard of them to be honest.
      did they have any big hits.
      FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

I'm shocked! Never heard of em Daz? They were big in the late 80's and early 90's. Part of the "baggy" scene along with the like of The Happy Mondays and The Charlatans. They hail from Manchester and general concensus is that the eponymous debut album is one of the best debuts ever. Hits? Fools gold, Made of stone, I am the resurrection, I wanna be adored, Sally Cinnamon. Ring any bells?
        "GAME OVER MAN, GAME OVER"

Comment

Originally posted by branny View Post
          I'm shocked! Never heard of em Daz? They were big in the late 80's and early 90's. Part of the "baggy" scene along with the like of The Happy Mondays and The Charlatans. They hail from Manchester and general concensus is that the eponymous debut album is one of the best debuts ever. Hits? Fools gold, Made of stone, I am the resurrection, I wanna be adored, Sally Cinnamon. Ring any bells?
          i remember
          The Happy Mondays and The Charlatans.
          but not the stone roses.

i had no interest in music until the nineties when i was fifteen mate.
          never heard of those songs.
          FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

Working...
          X