Ad_Forums-Top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Early old old EastEnders - Can anyone remember it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Early old old EastEnders - Can anyone remember it?

I remember that TV Times used to do Eastenders stories at Christmas time- they also did them about Coronation St.
    The guy who played Lofty was a most offensive individual- my sister got him to do an appearance on Radio Wales's variety programme 'Level Three' once, and he was really rude and grumpy.

Comment

Teenager when it started. You can't really comprehend the impact Eastenders had till you realise how different television really was. 4 channels, none really pushed any limits.
      It's not the same because now it's establishment. But it wasn't always...

Comment

I can remember the early episodes,and it had the same affect as any other soaps past or presant.Just had to walk for the door.Something about soaps I really don't like and cannot get on with.There are far too many on telly these days.Wife used to watch them all,so I was a soap widower.They just drag on continuously without conclusion.I think it's also the amount of times they are on each week,the re-runs.Just an easy way to pacify the masses and fill TV slots.Just wished they would get back to filling these vacant slots with more mini dramas that have good solid conclusions and good storys instead of re-runs of a program shown a day or so earlier.

Now for the positive thought.The best actor eastenders ever had was the dog,now what was it's name?...well ard,well hard or something.

Comment

reg cox had a big part ...

Comment

Originally posted by kirsty View Post
            reg cox had a big part ...
            I wasn't looking down there! :-)
            "We're the Sweeney son, and we haven't had any dinner!"

Comment

Originally posted by smurfie1 View Post
              I watched Neigbours from when it started until about 2000. I used to love it so much! My sister has recently started watching it again and some of the long running characters are still in it.
              Me too. I just lost interest big time after (IMHO) they never replaced the great great characters of the 1990s. I mean like say Paul, they left it too long for him to return, killing off Julie was a mega error I think, as was Phillip marrying Ruth when Jen was a lot better as a possible wife I thought! Loosing the Willis' was terible too, though the Kennedy's have done a good job replacing them, they can not touch them I think, though I liked the new Cody very much (who had excellent potiental) until the writters made the wrong move in her being killed off.

Comment

Working...
              X