Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: i'm stuck in the past

Welcome Bimpy I love the sixties on the buses and the beatles

Best Years Of My Childhood Was Growing Up In The Late 90's and the early 2000's . before the world went Mad

Comment

Hi Bimpy,
      I miss the past (the 80s & 90s mainly), but I guess there are thing's that have happend since i'd not know of etc - but would I swap them for the past!!?, let's just say that that is too tricky to call I feel.

I mean I loved growing up, loved the 90s - that is still fresh in my mind even now (say 17/18 years since - 1994/1995). Though thing's seemed more simplistic in them day's - like College and School (and boy's own stuff, like Phil Redmond created with Tucker in Grange Hill in the late 70s/early 80s), I just love and so so rate how simplistic thing's where then. Now it just seems like everything is to "the max" with the Internet/24 hour shopping etc, but I guess sadly this is change and happens from any era to the next etc.

Comment

yes its change and we can do nowt about it.

but i surround myself with tjhe past.
        my house is like a shrine to the eighties in terms of the things i collect.

the eighties to me is just magical.
        its when i first watched dr who peter davison.

other highligts include the famous snooker world final between dennis taylor and steve davis.

its when grange hill was at its peak in my opinion.

people i feel had more time for each iother they knew there neighbours.

there where siome very hot ummers etc.

there where tons of great tv shows.
        i could go on and on.

Originally posted by 80sChav View Post
        Hi Bimpy,
        I miss the past (the 80s & 90s mainly), but I guess there are thing's that have happend since i'd not know of etc - but would I swap them for the past!!?, let's just say that that is too tricky to call I feel.

I mean I loved growing up, loved the 90s - that is still fresh in my mind even now (say 17/18 years since - 1994/1995). Though thing's seemed more simplistic in them day's - like College and School (and boy's own stuff, like Phil Redmond created with Tucker in Grange Hill in the late 70s/early 80s), I just love and so so rate how simplistic thing's where then. Now it just seems like everything is to "the max" with the Internet/24 hour shopping etc, but I guess sadly this is change and happens from any era to the next etc.
        FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

It is just a shame I guess we can not have bits of both era's properly (I know we can through like Forums like here etc), but if it could be more like connected say (more say 50/50) that'd be great I think

Though i'd hated to of been any older growing up as a Kid with what Kids have had to go through - as the years go on and life got worse with society etc, but it would of been nice to "taste it" too, I feel, as in a way the younger generations have had it way easier but by contrast they don't know some of the stuff we know and vica-versa.

Comment

be interesdting to see if we where put slap bang in both the eighties and nineties as kids to see which we preferred.
            i wonder what sort of a split it would be. 50/50 60/4 the one on the left 60 meaning the eighties.

Originally posted by 80sChav View Post
            It is just a shame I guess we can not have bits of both era's properly (I know we can through like Forums like here etc), but if it could be more like connected say (more say 50/50) that'd be great I think

Though i'd hated to of been any older growing up as a Kid with what Kids have had to go through - as the years go on and life got worse with society etc, but it would of been nice to "taste it" too, I feel, as in a way the younger generations have had it way easier but by contrast they don't know some of the stuff we know and vica-versa.

Comment

As a lecturer at a local college, and having turned 50 back in January, some of my students are fascinated with all things 1970s at the moment...the music and clothes mainly...and they seem very jealous that I was around at that time. I try to tell them that it wasn't all cool David Bowie tunes and glitter balls, but their eyes glaze over when I mention three day weeks and power cuts...they genuinely seem sad to be teenagers now, which is sad in itself. And looking back I AM glad to have been a teenager when I was.

Comment

i as a teenager in the late eighties and im glad i was a teenager then as opposed to now.
                i think being a teen then was far more fun than being one now.
                in afct back then people had more time for each other.
                yes in the seventies and eighties there were plenty of troubles but things where more exciting as well compared to now.

Originally posted by cockneykid1962 View Post
                As a lecturer at a local college, and having turned 50 back in January, some of my students are fascinated with all things 1970s at the moment...the music and clothes mainly...and they seem very jealous that I was around at that time. I try to tell them that it wasn't all cool David Bowie tunes and glitter balls, but their eyes glaze over when I mention three day weeks and power cuts...they genuinely seem sad to be teenagers now, which is sad in itself. And looking back I AM glad to have been a teenager when I was.

Comment

Originally posted by darren View Post
                  i as a teenager in the late eighties and im glad i was a teenager then as opposed to now
                  Totally agree with that, things were so much simpler at that time,
                  Of course we all had our own teenage problems, but it was a great time.
                  I loved the music of the era & I had a lot of amazing times with my friends.
                  Good days !

Comment

the music of that time was wonderful.

groups like the bangles bananarama,abba etc etc.
                    a time when music was not manafactured no need for realityb shows.

ive some wonderful memories of long hot summers in the eighties building tree huts.
                    i still think of those great days yes northern ireland where i live had the troubles but back then we could leave our doors unlocked and we knew nothing would happen.
                    back then neighbours really knew each other and looked out for each other.
                    is it any wonder im still stuck in the past.
                    Originally posted by DemonEyeX View Post
                    Totally agree with that, things were so much simpler at that time,
                    Of course we all had our own teenage problems, but it was a great time.
                    I loved the music of the era & I had a lot of amazing times with my friends.
                    Good days !

Comment

hi bimpy
                      i'd like my bike back i had in the 70's..........i'd like snickers to be called marathons like they were ..........and more than anything i'd like to be able to paddle in my favourite place like i did regularly as a child

Comment

im stuck in the past as i still call certain sweets by there prper name.

for example i still call after eight mintola.

and i call starburst opal fruits.
                        i still call snickers marathon etc etc.

ill never get used to calling sweets anything but the name they first had.

and what was the idea in changing there names.

Comment

Working...
                        X