Scary Children's Program?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scary Children's Program?

Help me identify a terrifying episode of a kids day-time TV drama. It must has been shown around the early 80s and was about a girl who didnt go to school and was hidden from the other children. The other kids snuck into her home, found her room and we finally saw her - she had no face!
    This absolutely terrified me to the core when I saw it and would love to know the episode name.

Re: Scary Children's Program?

There was a program made in 1977 called 'Come Back Lucy' which sounds like the program you are looking for. It was shown on ATV at the time. The only other programs I've seen with something similar was 'Sapphire and Steel' and 'Twilight Zone - The Movie'.

Comment

found "Come Back Lucy" on You Tube - not the one I'm looking for thanks.

Comment

Well, maybe a Sapphire and Steel, as Hamback suggests. I'm thinking there may also have been a Dramarama with the details you mention.

Comment

Its been mentioned here before but does everyone remember that episode of an ITV Kids drama anthology shown on CITV where there was a wrestler in a full face mask made of nylon (like tights matierial), you couldn't see his eyes even and some kids hid to catch a glimpse of him without it on and when he did remove it he had a hideous deformed face - I remember it being smooth and having a glittery like complexion to it, no eyes, no mouth but further searches find descriptions by others asking about it as being described 'lumpy'....Bill Maynard played his manager and he was scared of the wrestler - I remember everyone was. A lot of people - including me - thought it was from Dramarama but its actually from an anthology called 'Theatre Box' and the episode was either called 'Deaf Angel' or 'Death Angel' (I expect its the latter, has a more correct ring to it)....

Anyone got any more info or can post some links to clips from it? It certainly scared me as a kid in the early 80s and has been one of those abiding memories....

Comment

I have now found out the actor Malcolm Storry played the wrestler...Death Angel. So now we know who was the deformed wrestler! I want to see a pic of him without the mask on and deformed though....

Further searching and I found out the episode was shown on Monday 16th November 1981 on CITV at 4.45pm....wow!

Comment

'Sapphire and Steel' did indeed have an episode like this, although the victim was the mother of a pair of children and not a little girl.

Comment

Yes Sapphire and Steel did have that story about the faceless figure and the photo's.Really spooky for a child of the times to watch.More spooky then the tales from the unexpected.

The description of the program does ring a few bell's but I just cannot place it.The only thing I can think of is Dramarama.I think dramarama spooky is out on DVD,and have not got it in my small archive as yet to be able to check,but the supernatural did continue into later episodes of it.

Comment

Well I'd love to see it, and the 'Theatre Box' wrestler episode. Seems most of these proper scary kids' shows were shown either before or around the time I was born, so I was just that but too young to have seen them. There's a similar scene in the Armchair Thriller episode 'Quiet As A Nun':

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=747SKishQPg

Comment

There was an episode of THE GENTLE TOUCH with a similar theme, called SECRETS- but the girl wasn't faceless, as far as I can recall. She was just kept locked and hidden from view in her bedroom by a mother (who transpired to be one of DI Forbes' husband's best mates) that believed the "outside world" to be evil. Then at some point, the local neighbourhood children break in and let her out. The other (even more unpleasant) subplot of the same episode concerns a distressed man (Malcolm Tierney) who's searching for his missing wife, and for some unfathomable reason, always carries a pair of bathroom scales with him...

NB: Thanks to the sterling efforts of a top chap called Dec McCafferty, the aforementioned wrestler episode- DEATH ANGEL- is now up on YouTube.

Comment

here you go Death Angel https://youtu.be/PogTk7qhebM

Comment

PS If anybody still wants to know what Malcolm Storry looks like, he was tall, muscular, blonde, moustachioed and quite butch. Best known as Dogfood Dan in DOGFOOD DAN AND THE CARMARTHEN COWBOY, and Peterson in THE BEIDERBECKE TAPES.

Comment

Working...
                        X