Re: R.I.P. Jimmy Savile

Originally posted by zip55 View Post
      [ATTACH=CONFIG]3227[/ATTACH]

Ha Ha
      lol!
      1976 Vintage

Comment

The last tv show I saw him in was Celebrity Big Brother in 2006.
        sigpic
        'Dreams come true if you want them to'

Comment

They should have Tim'll Fix It with Tim Vine.

Comment

In 1999 I was a patient at Stoke Mandeville for 7 months. During this time Jimmy would come down to visit the hospital on (roughly) a monthly basis. He was eccentric, but had the time to come and talk to anyone who spoke to him. He did loads for the hospital and spinal injury awareness in general. I've got a photo of him with my kids (who didn't know who he was) I'll see if I can find it and put it up here.

RIP Jimmy
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by zip55 View Post
              [ATTACH=CONFIG]3227[/ATTACH]

Ha Ha
              Ditto. Made me chuckle.

Comment

Originally posted by FX02 View Post
                In 1999 I was a patient at Stoke Mandeville for 7 months. During this time Jimmy would come down to visit the hospital on (roughly) a monthly basis. He was eccentric, but had the time to come and talk to anyone who spoke to him. He did loads for the hospital and spinal injury awareness in general. I've got a photo of him with my kids (who didn't know who he was) I'll see if I can find it and put it up here.

RIP Jimmy
                My Mum was in Stoke Manderville in the 80's for her artheritis and I'm sure she once said Jimmy came in and chatted with her too...

Comment

I loved him as a child, I loved Jim'll fix it and always used to watch the london marathon waiting to see him. I remember telling my Mum I was going to ask Jim'll fix it for an A la carte kitchen, I didn't quite understand at that point that it wasn't just to ask for things you don't have! Later on a fix it that sticks in my mind was a child who asked to visit every place on a monopoly board. One of my friends I have discovered in later life wrote to ask to be arrested by one of the policemen from the Bill! Does anyone remember "Jamie makes the necessary arrangements", it came on channel 4 I think in the early naughties and they had old JIm'll fix it letters which they fixed for adults (or so they said, could of been made up! I'm easily convinced!).

Comment

One of only two civilians ever to complete the notoriously tough 30 mile Royal Marine march across Dartmoor (at speed wearing 30-50 pounds on your back), which all Marines must pass to complete the course and get their famous green beret.

Comment

Originally posted by ayrshireman View Post
                      One of only two civilians ever to complete the notoriously tough 30 mile Royal Marine march across Dartmoor (at speed wearing 30-50 pounds on your back), which all Marines must pass to complete the course and get their famous green beret.
                      I remember Peter Duncan doing something similar in Duncan Dares.
                      The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

Working...
                      X