Ad_Forums-Top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Childrens TV drama long overdue for release.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Childrens TV drama long overdue for release.

Looking for DVD's of old childrens TV drama recently to add to my collection I have noticed that certain TV childrens dramas have not yet had a release.The two I am desperate for are Ghost in the Water(BBC)1982,and The enchanted Castle(BBC)1979.

Why these have not had a DVD or video release is beyond me,as they were both very fine programs and there seems to be enough people talking about them on the internet who would be more then interested in owning a copy.

I am wondering what childrens TV drama is long overdue for a video of DVD release that you would like to see.

Re: Childrens TV drama long overdue for release.

Not sure if 'Noah's Castle' is available on video, but if not then definitely that.

Comment

That series is definitley available...

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Noahs-Castle...2&sr=8-1-spell

Comment

Originally posted by battyrat View Post
        Looking for DVD's of old childrens TV drama recently to add to my collection I have noticed that certain TV childrens dramas have not yet had a release.The two I am desperate for are Ghost in the Water(BBC)1982,and The enchanted Castle(BBC)1979.

Why these have not had a DVD or video release is beyond me,as they were both very fine programs and there seems to be enough people talking about them on the internet who would be more then interested in owning a copy.

I am wondering what childrens TV drama is long overdue for a video of DVD release that you would like to see.

cannot remember these shows myself.
        but they do look good.

i know shows id like to see released on dvd unless they already have been released.
        FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

Two that I would love to have on dvd are The Siege Of Golden Hill and Soldier And Me.
          They both starred Gerry Sundquist, who I loved, and were great stories.
          sigpic
          'Dreams come true if you want them to'

Comment

Got episode 1 of Soldier and Me, Frustrating i can't get the rest. I'd love to see Murphys Mob again which ran from 84-86.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	pizap.com10.72045783419162031360168936553.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	23.0 KB
ID:	260220I have been hunting the internet for years looking for a clip of this tv show, all i can find is this picture but nothing else, i remember being realy scared watching it especialy the dummy's the made with mops called the (ugly wugglies) that came to life during a little play the kids put on, would love to see a clip of this too!

Comment

they need to release the rest of CITV's T-Bag ​from the 80s, that was ace, some of them are on DVD but not alot.

Comment

Originally posted by retromad View Post
                  [ATTACH=CONFIG]3556[/ATTACH]I have been hunting the internet for years looking for a clip of this tv show, all i can find is this picture but nothing else, i remember being realy scared watching it especialy the dummy's the made with mops called the (ugly wugglies) that came to life during a little play the kids put on, would love to see a clip of this too!
                  There is nothing out there about this, it appears this is the most elusive childrens program in the history of childrens television The internet has a few screen grabs like you posted but thats it.

I joined a Facebook group about it and the BBC insist they do have the tapes still but have no intention of releasing on DVD. Its all very strange.............

Comment

so we dont even know its name then do we.
                    perhaps contacting the bbc might be the way forward.
                    i cant even think of this programmes name.

makes me think of the tripods but its not that.
                    mnothing it called ugly wugglies.

Originally posted by retromad View Post
                    [ATTACH=CONFIG]3556[/ATTACH]I have been hunting the internet for years looking for a clip of this tv show, all i can find is this picture but nothing else, i remember being realy scared watching it especialy the dummy's the made with mops called the (ugly wugglies) that came to life during a little play the kids put on, would love to see a clip of this too!

Comment

Originally posted by darren View Post
                      so we dont even know its name then do we.
                      perhaps contacting the bbc might be the way forward.
                      i cant even think of this programmes name.

makes me think of the tripods but its not that.
                      mnothing it called ugly wugglies.
                      Sorry the programme is an adaptation of Edith Nesbits 'The Enchanted Castle', first shown in 1979.

Lots of people, myself included, have memories of it and would love to see it again but the BBC refuse to release it on DVD. There appears to be no legal issues and they insist they have the tapes still.

Comment

thanks for the info mate.

I wonder why they wont release it.
                        it sure seems people would buy it if it was released.

perhaps it can be watched on youtube.

i watch tons of cartoons on there.

Originally posted by Jabbso View Post
                        Sorry the programme is an adaptation of Edith Nesbits 'The Enchanted Castle', first shown in 1979.

Lots of people, myself included, have memories of it and would love to see it again but the BBC refuse to release it on DVD. There appears to be no legal issues and they insist they have the tapes still.

Comment

I would like to see the original 1981 version of 'Stig Of The Dump' released on DVD - I enjoyed that immensely at the time.

Also, from 1981 (again) - the six-part BBC children's drama 'Break In The Sun' about the runaway schoolgirl who ends up in Margate where her stepdad (Brian Hall) catches up with her.

I'm sure there would be plenty of early-'80s retro memories to be spotted in both of them.

I suppose the reason some of these series are not brought out on DVD is that the rights-holders probably don't believe the market for them would be big enough to justify the costs involved in releasing them.

Just remembered another one - the CFF story - 'The Glitterball'.
                          "We're the Sweeney son, and we haven't had any dinner!"

Comment

thats true regarding the rights holders who wont release stig of the dump as they feel it wont sell enough.

but if the beeb etc asked people to vote to see how many wanted these old series released i think more than enough would want them released and the rights holders etc would do it.

i feel rights holders etc would be very shocked at just how many people would want old serries released..

Originally posted by Austin Maxi View Post
                            I would like to see the original 1981 version of 'Stig Of The Dump' released on DVD - I enjoyed that immensely at the time.

Also, from 1981 (again) - the six-part BBC children's drama 'Break In The Sun' about the runaway schoolgirl who ends up in Margate where her stepdad (Brian Hall) catches up with her.

I'm sure there would be plenty of early-'80s retro memories to be spotted in both of them.

I suppose the reason some of these series are not brought out on DVD is that the rights-holders probably don't believe the market for them would be big enough to justify the costs involved in releasing them.

Just remembered another one - the CFF story - 'The Glitterball'.

Comment

Century Falls and The Machine Gunners are two that I would love to see again.

Comment

Working...
                              X