mccain oven chips song

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mccain oven chips song

i can remember some builders in the back of a van singing this song on the ad....what will it be for tea tonight.will it be salad or frozen peas.will it be mushrooms,fried onion rings.you'll have to wait and see......HOPE ITS CHIPS ITS CHIPS. WE HOPE ITS CHIPS ITS CHIPS......saved me bunrning the house down on many occasion as a drunken teenager.....thank you mr mccain.

Re: mccain oven chips song

I remember the ad well - just a small point though - it was actually for Bird's Eye Steakhouse Grills.

'What will you give your old man with his Steakhouse Grill?'

Who didn't join in with the "Fried Onion Rings!" bit. The van was a Ford Transit.
    "We're the Sweeney son, and we haven't had any dinner!"

Comment

now the wife's laughing at me...but nice to be put right...funny how i can remember all the song but not what it really advertised....lol

Comment

Don't worry about it. Apparently it's a common mistake made by those who remember the ad. It does seem strange that an advert for Steakhouse Grills should feature a bunch of builders in the back of a van singing about chips.

Que Sera Sera - as the French would say!
        "We're the Sweeney son, and we haven't had any dinner!"

Comment

Blimmin heck I would have sworn that it was a McCain's chips advert!!!!
          Anyway heres the proof that it isn't.

sigpic

Comment

The advert always remind me of Auf Wiedersehen, Pet, not to mention the Maurice Jones builders on Coronation Street in 1989-1990.

Funnily enough, I always remembered that it was for Birds Eye Steakhouse Grills, but one could imagine the advert being for McCains with an Anton Rodgers voiceover at the end of it. Amazing how a Doris Day song has been associated in this country with bricklayers.
            I've everything I need to keep me satisfied
            There's nothing you can do to make me change my mind
            I'm having so much fun
            My lucky number's one
            Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

Working...
            X