Snake belts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Snake belts?

snake belts lol ! Every boy had one in the 70's! Mine was very similar (if not identical) to the one in his hand on the photo

Dave
    sigpic

Splitters!

Visit us here:

Comment

Wow yes! I remember that striped design and the look of the material very well. My brother and I had slightly different coloured ones.

I want one again!

No really. I do!

Comment

Re: A little thread about belts

I bought one a few week ago for grandson and they have changed since the days - the snake is still the same but there was no length adjustor on it!
        This means you only get the little bit of elasticity for adjustments and therefore you gotta buy new ones every time they grow a waist size
        Last edited by Danny; 04-03-2009, 12:37. Reason: spelling

Comment

Snake Buckle Elastic Belts

I've done a quick search and nothing comes up so I thought I'd post a new thread.
          Anyone remember the snake clasp/buckle elastic belts that used to be all the go.
          I've not seen any in years. The buckles were in silver and gold (not real, just coloured) with a (mostly stripey) elastic belt about an inch or so in width.

Comment

Re: Snake Buckle Elastic Belts

My brother had one in the early 1980s, & I can remember a few boys at school also having them.
            The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

I had a few of these. The buckles on mine were all silver coloured. I had a really nice one in shades of blue stripes. Also a red striped one sticks in my mind. I really liked them.
              Heaven knows I'm miserable now.

Comment

I got one of these when I got my first pair of jeans. It had green and red stripes with a silver snake buckle. There's a picture of me standing on the crazy paving in the front garden (crazy paving - now there's another thing from the past. We had one piece shaped like the british isles, but I digress...). I'm wearing my jeans, navy and white bumpers, snake belt and red checky shirt. I'd look like a boy if it wasn't for my hair!
                1976 Vintage

Comment

I remember my brother having a blue and white striped snake belt. He thought he was so cool lol.
                  "She moves in such an exciting world!"

Comment

Originally posted by Marine Boy View Post
                    I want one again!

No really. I do!
                    I bought one not so long ago on ebay. Just the ticket for middleaged spread

Originally posted by Danny View Post
                    I bought one a few week ago for grandson and they have changed since the days - the snake is still the same but there was no length adjustor on it!
                    There is on mine.

Comment

Sort of I do OP yes

They had an immense ly big buckle on the front I recall!!

80sChav

Comment

Originally posted by sixtyten View Post
                        V.D belts??
                        STD's??!! lol
                        sigpic
                        Do you really believe the other side without provocation would launch so many ICBM's, subs and ships knowing that we would have no option to launch as well? It would break our MAD Treaty (Mutually Assured Destruction) not to mention the end of the world as we know it.

Comment

I recall these wella nd in-particular the main motive type thing that represented "said Snake"

Very stylish indeed .... if I am not wrong Harley Davidson lovers liked these a lot/in the main!!

80sChav

Comment

Working...
                          X