Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Snake belts?

Anyone remember these?
    No man is worth your tears - and the one who is wont make you cry!

Yep, ideal for kids' quick-growing waistlines. Cheap and durable too !
    Into the 5th Millennium & beyond...!

Comment

I remember them, I also remember the painful knuckles after messing about fastening the elasticated devils!
      Dean.

Comment

yep i though they were kool red and black striped, with the snake, if you had one of these you were kool, or thought so.

Comment

yep,and what about V.D belts?? (vertical danglers)

Comment

Sounds weird, never heard of those?

Comment

yep my dad bought me one once it was brown and yellow as i recall thought it looked great , but then again so did leg warmers ....didnt they ?

Comment

Best thing about Snake Belts was that you could put a towel on your head and pretend to be an Arab too!! (though i was never sure why I wanted to be an Arab but hey, it was the 70's!!) I do remember however a tale of a party when I was at School and a guy was running about with just a pair of brown and cream piped y fronts on...and a snake Belt!!! Bet the ladies loved him!!!

Rab ;0)

Comment

couldnt do that now ...you would be RACIST absolute s*it

Comment

Re: Snake belts?

Snake belts and political incorrectness all in one handy piccy

Comment

Originally posted by Daz View Post
                      yep,and what about V.D belts?? (vertical danglers)

Those were the ones where you had the end dangling about a foot down your leg? There were red, pink & yellow ones and the had shiney metal at the end of the 'dangly' bit?

If it's the same thing they were called 'funky belts' here.
                      sigpic I WANT ONE NOW!!!!!

Comment

Thats the one!! same as ones worn today (I'm wearing one now),but they are called webbing belts now and they are not so long in the dangly bit.

Comment

snake belts great for holding up your "Sea Dog" jeans. A pair of these and you thought you were the dogs VD's
                          The eyes have it!
                          sigpic

Comment

i hated my snake belt, so much so, I've bought my daughter one (she's 4), just to keep the cycle going. I also had a dangly belt, but for some reason our school went through a phase of plaiting string together, dying it with food colouring and wearing that!... and yep the colouring did run in the rain!

Comment

Snake belts?

This is probably going to sound a little stupid, but I saw an old photo of me and my sister back in the late 70s and it made me think of these. My sister worked as administrator for a while at the Royal Free Hospital in Hampstead, and had a pager and various bits of nurses uniform she was supposed to wear (but not the whole thing, as she wasn't qualified.

So in this photo, she's wearing one of these:

Which every nurse wore back then, and I was wearing one of these:

Which every boy wore back then. Anyone else have any fond or horrific memories of the kinds of belts they wore back in the day?
                              Official archivist: , July 24 2010 Guardian Technology.

Comment

Working...
                              X