Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• School Detentions

What would get you an After School Detention as opposed to a normal 1

I always wanted to have one, but I was too much of a goody (crafty) 2 shoes. Though we also had an Headmaster's detention at my 2nd Secondary School - where you were "privalaged" (NOTLY indeed) to join him in a Classroom ... which others dreaded heavily!! Though i'd sure not of minded finding out what an "After-Schooler" as they were known was like as opposed to a normal one

Re: What would get you an After School Detention as opposed to a normal 1

Normal detentions were after school when i were a lad,detention is to detain.
    The only thing to look forward to is the past

Comment

Originally posted by Herr Grunwald View Post
      Normal detentions were after school when i were a lad,detention is to detain.
      Same here ... still would love to know what the difference these day's is though!

Comment

I got after-school detention once, as part of a whole class detention. Somebody gobbed on the wall in P.E. and they wouldn't let us go until somebody owned up to it. Nobody did so we were all sat there for an hour.

I was warned with detention once for running along the corridor and squirting people with the squirty water bottles in science.

All our detentions were after school, so I don't really know what a 'normal' one is.
        1976 Vintage

Comment

Originally posted by Trickyvee View Post
          I got after-school detention once, as part of a whole class detention. Somebody gobbed on the wall in P.E. and they wouldn't let us go until somebody owned up to it. Nobody did so we were all sat there for an hour.

I was warned with detention once for running along the corridor and squirting people with the squirty water bottles in science.

All our detentions were after school, so I don't really know what a 'normal' one is.
          did you know who gobbed on the wall and did he own up in the end.

in my primary school we hot both.
          FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

Originally posted by darren View Post

did you know who gobbed on the wall and did he own up in the end.
            Bit presumptious there Darren, you can get some rum lasses too you know
            The only thing to look forward to is the past

Comment

Nobody ever did own up so it remained a mystery. I think the longer we sat the more awkward it got for whoever did it. They probably didn't dare own up incase they got beaten up when we finally got out! I hasten to add it wasn't me!
              1976 Vintage

Comment

Never had detention at our school.You got lines,then I think it was 3 yellow slips of paper then a red one,then it was suspension.

tulip

Comment

I had a few detentions, the worst was for beating someone up to the point of him passing out. That was a 2 hour sessions doing extra work for a week after school. The other guy got temporary expulsion for starting a fight with someone in the year below.

I got an Isolation (sat alone in a room to do work) for mishandling chemicals in chemistry and starting a minor fire.

I lost numerous break times from being late/being rude/not doing homework/disobedience.

Possibly the worst punishment I've ever had was dealt out by a Religious Studies teacher for disrespecting of a minor religion. I was given a book of that blue graph paper and was made to put a dot in every single square. It took me about a month of sitting hours a night dotting each cell. The fact that it was my religion I poked fun at (which she knew of) and is one of the significant lesser ones was an irony totally lost on her.

Comment

really thats news to me.hehe

yes i got detention once in secondary school stayerd behind after school either for an hour or until the lines where done.

Originally posted by HG View Post
                    Bit presumptious there Darren, you can get some rum lasses too you know
                    FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

Re: School Detentions

I was lucky not to get anything bad at secondary school, just a couple of times I had to do some extra work in a lunchtime.
                      The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

I got detention 2 or 3 times and ours were always after school,too....Once it was for eating on the oval and another was because a friend and i were kicking a volleyball behind the changerooms. Nothing that serious.I was a goody-goody...One time our maths teacher threatened to keep us in after school unless somebody owned up to a bad smell.He gave them the opportunity to own up during recess time and luckily,they did.

Comment

In our high school detention was often presided over by Mr Ingram, one of the guidance counselors who looked and sounded like the stereotyped image of a redneck Southern sheriff.

Comment

We could get detention for anything really I think, regardless of it being a Lunchtime, After-School or in a few day's or worse than ever an Headmasters Detention, where you met him alone in his studyI am believed to think it was. We could reciebe them for anything too, but on the few occasions I got drasticaly close to them, I "chartmed" my way out of them by twisting the event that caused it or blamed othersw or played truly innocent (as 50/60% would in my first old Secondary, as you had to - if you preffered swimming to sinking).

They could equal anything minor, major or not or other too, singing to an Xmas TV add which one other Student enlisted me into taking part in singing along to annoy the French Teacher, though i'd stood my ground regards it and not but he had a way of creating/making you do something against your wishes through lulling you into a false sense of security as did half the School or moree or not doing Homework, wrong Uniform - wearing Trainers - doing your Tie wrong, not poaying attention in Assembley - the list was mega massive and sprawling. Did other members have such a list that was so long?

Comment

Bringing up an old post here. I got detention on a weekly basis. Homework being a favoured reason. One particular dodge, if you had detention on a Tuesday, don't go. Wednesday morning claim you thought it was Thursday. It generally stopped the b*ll*cking. They did get wise in the end. Another one was not to turn up anyway, and say you forgot.

There was major confrontation once, when a teacher decided that if anybody was late for school the entire class would be kept in. This lasted for just three occasions. The parents themselves took matters into their own hands.

Another occasion, I did not turn up for detention. The following day, the teacher came in leaps and bounds to where I was standing. "WHERE WERE YOU YESTERDAY?!!!!!" I was just about going to answer when he jumped down my throat. "I DON'T WANT ANY OF YOUR STORIES. THE TRUTH!!!" Of course this was a red rag to a bull. "Well," I answered, "It was such a nice sunny day, I took the dog for a walk up the mountain." All hell broke out. He was in a terrible rage. I ended up having yet another lecture with the year head, a certain Mr Phipps. I ended up having detention off him. I got him in a rage has the day he booked me for detention, I had been booked by somebody else. I did not turn up for either.
                              Who cared about rules when you were young?

Comment

Working...
                              X