Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: School Detentions

Default School Detentions

What would get you an After School Detention as opposed to a normal 1

I always wanted to have one, but I was too much of a goody (crafty) 2 shoes. Though we also had an Headmaster's detention at my 2nd Secondary School - where you were "privalaged" (NOTLY indeed) to join him in a Classroom ... which others dreaded heavily!! Though i'd sure not of minded finding out what an "After-Schooler" as they were known was like as opposed to a normal one

Default Re: What would get you an After School Detention as opposed to a normal 1

Normal detentions were after school when i were a lad,detention is to detain.
    The only thing to look forward to is the past

Default Re: What would get you an After School Detention as opposed to a normal 1

Quote Originally Posted by Herr Grunwald View Post
    Normal detentions were after school when i were a lad,detention is to detain.
    Same here ... still would love to know what the difference these day's is though!

I got after-school detention once, as part of a whole class detention. Somebody gobbed on the wall in P.E. and they wouldn't let us go until somebody owned up to it. Nobody did so we were all sat there for an hour.

I was warned with detention once for running along the corridor and squirting people with the squirty water bottles in science.

All our detentions were after school, so I don't really know what a 'normal' one is.
    1976 Vintage

Quote Originally Posted by Trickyvee View Post
    I got after-school detention once, as part of a whole class detention. Somebody gobbed on the wall in P.E. and they wouldn't let us go until somebody owned up to it. Nobody did so we were all sat there for an hour.

I was warned with detention once for running along the corridor and squirting people with the squirty water bottles in science.

All our detentions were after school, so I don't really know what a 'normal' one is.
    did you know who gobbed on the wall and did he own up in the end.

in my primary school we hot both.

Quote Originally Posted by darren View Post

did you know who gobbed on the wall and did he own up in the end.
    Bit presumptious there Darren, you can get some rum lasses too you know
    The only thing to look forward to is the past

Nobody ever did own up so it remained a mystery. I think the longer we sat the more awkward it got for whoever did it. They probably didn't dare own up incase they got beaten up when we finally got out! I hasten to add it wasn't me!
    1976 Vintage

Never had detention at our school.You got lines,then I think it was 3 yellow slips of paper then a red one,then it was suspension.

tulip

I had a few detentions, the worst was for beating someone up to the point of him passing out. That was a 2 hour sessions doing extra work for a week after school. The other guy got temporary expulsion for starting a fight with someone in the year below.

I got an Isolation (sat alone in a room to do work) for mishandling chemicals in chemistry and starting a minor fire.

I lost numerous break times from being late/being rude/not doing homework/disobedience.

Possibly the worst punishment I've ever had was dealt out by a Religious Studies teacher for disrespecting of a minor religion. I was given a book of that blue graph paper and was made to put a dot in every single square. It took me about a month of sitting hours a night dotting each cell. The fact that it was my religion I poked fun at (which she knew of) and is one of the significant lesser ones was an irony totally lost on her.

really thats news to me.hehe

yes i got detention once in secondary school stayerd behind after school either for an hour or until the lines where done.

Quote Originally Posted by HG View Post
    Bit presumptious there Darren, you can get some rum lasses too you know