Highly detailed toy soldiers.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Highly detailed toy soldiers.

I remember these as a kid, so from the early 80's or thereabouts.

Toy soldiers, very well modelled and highly detailed. I'm pretty sure they were US Marines in from Vietnam era. They were in green uniforms but had bare, heavily muscled, flesh coloured arms and flesh coloured heads. They usually came as pairs on a base. I think that the base had a small lever so the soldiers would move if you pressed the lever, a sort of strafing move.

They were kneeling on the base and were about 5 cm high, maybe a little bigger and definitely bigger than the 1/32 Airfix soldiers that were also around at the time.

Looking through the site and searching the web has drawn a blank for me at the moment, so any help you guys can provide would be much appreciated.

Cheers,
    Finnthedude.

Re: Highly detailed toy soldiers.

I used to have one of those - I've still got one of the figures from it somewhere.

Comment

And here's a picture -
      A closer look at the figure reveals that it's stamped 'Mattel - 1974 - Hong Kong'.
      Last edited by davidthomas27; 18-11-2011, 10:16. Reason: Adding picture

Comment

These are Mattel Heroes In Action series 1974

Comment

They're the ones! Fantastic. Thanks everyone. Might have to search for some online now.

Cheers,
          Finnthedude.

Comment

I had some of those! I particularly remember the Military Policeman. They were given to me by a neighbor, an irascible old German guy who worked for Mattel.

Comment

Comment

They were called "Heroes in Action" They also did a SWAT team version of them in blue.

Comment

Working...
                X