X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Doctor Who!

Originally posted by Sly View Post
    I think there's no doubt that Tennant being the fan that he was made him put the effort in. Not just when he got the part, but the years before that, I mean, how many other Dr's can say they had such an understanding of the character that they could jump in and feel integrated and seamless. I feel he felt settled in the role as soon as he started, it was a natural transition between Eccleston and Tennant. I think Smith is OK, he has his moments. I think in the future he wont be as well remembered as Tennant will be.

As an actor too Tennant has a fine pedigree too. A standard that most actors aspire to.
    Well said that man.

I will admit, it took me a while to warm to Tennant, by about the story School Reunion I really liked him as The Doctor.

Comment

Originally posted by Sly View Post
      I think there's no doubt that Tennant being the fan that he was made him put the effort in. Not just when he got the part, but the years before that, I mean, how many other Dr's can say they had such an understanding of the character that they could jump in and feel integrated and seamless. I feel he felt settled in the role as soon as he started, it was a natural transition between Eccleston and Tennant.
      Never worked for me, I'm afraid. He just never felt like he was playing the same enigmatic, rather aloof character that previous actors had depicted the Doctor as-and to me, that's who the Doctor is, not Tennant's over emotional romantic lead.
      I think Smith is OK, he has his moments. I think in the future he wont be as well remembered as Tennant will be.
      I think Smith's a far better Doctir and a far better actor, and I hope he goes far. With a little luck, he will.

Comment

Originally posted by tony ingram View Post
        Never worked for me, I'm afraid. He just never felt like he was playing the same enigmatic, rather aloof character that previous actors had depicted the Doctor as-and to me, that's who the Doctor is, not Tennant's over emotional romantic lead.
        I think Smith's a far better Doctir and a far better actor, and I hope he goes far. With a little luck, he will.
        Why did you bother watching tennant if you hate him....

Comment

I've enjoyed all 3 doctors since the show came back, the transition from Christoper Eccleston to David Tennent was fairly smooth, though it took 3-4 episodes for Matt Smith to settle in, I wasn't sure if some of the earlier ones were written with David Tennent in mind.
          The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

Originally posted by Richard1978 View Post
            I've enjoyed all 3 doctors since the show came back, the transition from Christoper Eccleston to David Tennent was fairly smooth, though it took 3-4 episodes for Matt Smith to settle in, I wasn't sure if some of the earlier ones were written with David Tennent in mind.
            I agree - I think its writing that can let down the actor playing the part, also they have to settle into the role, the difficulty being not emulating the previous actor too and viewers do take a while - however long - to get used to the new bloke. I preferred Tennant over Matt but its the writing that lets down Matt at present, also he is too young for the role...Hopefully future castings will slowly return to the character being in his 40s or vary it, it is getting silly casting younger and younger actors but as I've always maintained, a far younger actor can be retained for longer - he won't age in real life as badly as some actors in their 40s did in the role - Baker for example did become more portly over the 7 years he played the part.

Also, I couldn't re-edit my previous post - its a bit silly saying you dislike an actor playing Who, you may as well switch off in that case.

Comment

Going round in circles a bit this now, some like Tennent, some don't, that's life.
              The only thing to look forward to is the past

Comment

Working...
              X