Items you bought decades ago that you've never used

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Items you bought decades ago that you've never used

Does anybody have any things that they bought years & years ago that they never actually used and are still in mint condition? I have a Lloydtron personal stereo with extra mini-speakers that I bought back in '84, when my own personal stereo was at the menders. As it happened, it came back from the electrical engineers before I needed to use the Lloydtron, so that is still sitting in a bottom drawer to this day, mint & boxed and as new!
    I also was given a Commodore calculator by my sister for Christmas '81, which I was so proud of I only used it a few times, and that too remains in my bureau in it's box, spanking 'new'.
    My Grandma bought me a beautiful Dinky ERF fire engine when I was about 11- it's gorgeous, more of a model than a toy and incredibly detailed. The hose even works if you fill up a water tank inside it and pump with a push-button! I could never bring myself to play with it, I just kept it on my window sill in it's bubble-pack and have it to this day. The only thing that happened to it, is that it's got faded paintwork on the right hand side due to sun exposure!

Re: Items you bought decades ago that you've never used

unfortunately im one of those people who says............if it hasn't been used in the last 6 months..........BIN IT!!!........i know one day i will regret this way of thinking.

Comment

I think I might have 1 or 2 things like that around. A few electronic devices I have came with a cable I didn't need to use, but have been kept in case I ever do so.
      The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

Originally posted by Roxxy View Post
        Does anybody have any things that they bought years & years ago that they never actually used and are still in mint condition? I have a Lloydtron personal stereo with extra mini-speakers that I bought back in '84, when my own personal stereo was at the menders. As it happened, it came back from the electrical engineers before I needed to use the Lloydtron, so that is still sitting in a bottom drawer to this day, mint & boxed and as new!
        I also was given a Commodore calculator by my sister for Christmas '81, which I was so proud of I only used it a few times, and that too remains in my bureau in it's box, spanking 'new'.
        My Grandma bought me a beautiful Dinky ERF fire engine when I was about 11- it's gorgeous, more of a model than a toy and incredibly detailed. The hose even works if you fill up a water tank inside it and pump with a push-button! I could never bring myself to play with it, I just kept it on my window sill in it's bubble-pack and have it to this day. The only thing that happened to it, is that it's got faded paintwork on the right hand side due to sun exposure!

its great u kept them roxxy.
        as things can come back into fashion and can be sought after by collectors.
        when i was much younger i had toys i never played with and binned them.

but i ended up buying them again went to bootsales and got some of them etc.
        some in very good nick.

now i throw nothing out.
        FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

I had some Matchbox model plane kits, which I never got round to making & after holding on to them for years I managed to sell on ebay.

Comment

Originally posted by Richard1978 View Post
            I had some Matchbox model plane kits, which I never got round to making & after holding on to them for years I managed to sell on ebay.
            id assume they where in good nick when u sold them mate.
            how long had u had them till u sold them rich.

Comment

They were as good as when I first received them as a present.

I had them for about 15 years before selling them after a clearout.

Comment

My Mum had a Prestige lifetime guarantee copper bottom cooking set. Still in the box, she nagged my old man to buy it her in 1985....still got it under the staircase in the box...I do plan on using it once the other cooking stuff has conked out...trouble is, the old stuff my parents bought over the years still is usuable - even two old Tefal non stick large and medium sized saucepans...yes, heavy gauge and the non sticks still comparatively great.

Comment

Originally posted by sf1378 View Post
                  My Mum had a Prestige lifetime guarantee copper bottom cooking set. Still in the box, she nagged my old man to buy it her in 1985....still got it under the staircase in the box...I do plan on using it once the other cooking stuff has conked out...trouble is, the old stuff my parents bought over the years still is usuable - even two old Tefal non stick large and medium sized saucepans...yes, heavy gauge and the non sticks still comparatively great.
                  how come the old stuff is unusable mate.
                  Yes i remember them prestige lifetime guarantee copper bottom cooking sets.

We had them back in the day.
                  we probably still have it as ythe parents throw nothing out.

Comment

I used to have a crystal growing kit that I never opened, I've got the feeling it went in a charity bag, but it might still be around.

Comment

I used to have a crystal growing kit that I never opened, I've got the feeling it went in a charity bag, but it might still be around.
                      how long do you remember having it before you seen it no more.

did u ask your um did she sell it or did it get lost.

Comment

I got it in about 1989, & last remember having it in 2005.

Comment

I got it in about 1989, & last remember having it in 2005.
                          did uever ask yourmum what happened to it rich.

or perhaps its still there in the house.

Comment

Working...
                          X