Bread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bread

I have done quite a search and not found another post par one about Carla Laine, but it very only slightly mentioed Bread!

Is there any fans of the amzing sitcom Bread on here - I am a mega mega fan of it. It'd be great to chat to any other members regards it an/or here others' thoughts!!

Thanks,

80s Chav

Re: Bread ... sorry if there's another post

Yes I loved the show!! Didn't like the Joey cast change though.

Comment

Originally posted by Marine Boy View Post
      Yes I loved the show!! Didn't like the Joey cast change though.
      Me neither, nor Aveline!

Comment

Originally posted by 80sChav View Post
        I have done quite a search and not found another post par one about Carla Laine, but it very only slightly mentioed Bread!

Is there any fans of the amzing sitcom Bread on here - I am a mega mega fan of it. It'd be great to chat to any other members regards it an/or here others' thoughts!!

Thanks,

80s Chav
        Yes i loved it.
        watched it from start to finish.

although i did not like the new joey.
        by the end either the original cast where gone completely or played by other actors actresses.
        a clip here.
        http://youtu.be/BdsUrK822kI
        FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

(1986-05-01) bread ran from 1 May 1986 to 3 November 1991.
          there where seven series.
          7 episodes in total.
          episodes where 30 mins each.
          it was shown on bbc 1.
          FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

I liked the earlier series, up until they went to Rome in an Xmas special.

After that the standard of writing seemed to slip. I guess Carla Lane was running short of ideas.
            The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

Originally posted by darren View Post
              Yes i loved it.
              watched it from start to finish.

although i did not like the new joey.
              by the end either the original cast where gone completely or played by other actors actresses.
              a clip here.
              http://youtu.be/BdsUrK822kI
              I am like you Darren, I never liked the new Joey! Same for Melanie Hill as Aveline too. Though I don't think it changed as radicaly as you said cast wise by Series 7. yeah Aveline and Joey were'nt the originals and Julie was played by a different actress but she had been by Series 3 and quite frankly I think that carla had ruun out of ideas for Julie and her character had had it's natural run. Leonora Campbell was a great addition and a great move moving her into Julie's I thought and how contary to what Jack believed it was great to know (as the viewer) that it'd all go wrong for Jack and Leonora just as it had for Billy and Julie!

It was a shame there was no Shifty in Series 7, as though he wasJack's replacement of sort's ... they actualy worked well together when I truly thought they'd not. Bread really could have and should ofrun until at least 1994 and if the internet had been commen knowledge then in 1991 like it is now it could easily of brought Bread back I believe .... no questions asked!

Comment

Originally posted by Richard1978 View Post
                I liked the earlier series, up until they went to Rome in an Xmas special.

After that the standard of writing seemed to slip. I guess Carla Lane was running short of ideas.
                Yeah though Jack was only in 1 episode of the 1988 Series (and that was only his voice) - I think it is fair to say that that Series was the best ever and it had it's pinnacle then! I forget how many watyched Aveline mary Oswald but it was equal easily to what some Soap's get these day's!!

Comment

when i saw the title of the thread i thought you were going to post about Bread the band...........

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=riBsOHkApmU

Comment

Shifty's ex-girlfriend Celia Higgins vanished without a trace in the 1989 series, not even a line to mention she had moved away.

I remember Bread had a few odd things that never seemed to be resolved, like Joey's dog Edgar & his odd relationship with Roxy.

Granadad was always good for a sound bite, normally saying something uncouth at just the wrong moment.

Comment

...Grandad was always good for a sound bite, normally saying something uncouth at just the wrong moment.
                      You just reminded me...I LOVED the Grandad character and his quips.

Comment

Shifty's ex-girlfriend Celia Higgins vanished without a trace in the 1989 series, not even a line to mention she had moved away.

I remember Bread had a few odd things that never seemed to be resolved, like Joey's dog Edgar & his odd relationship with Roxy.

Granadad was always good for a sound bite, normally saying something uncouth at just the wrong moment.

Yeah Richard, it was very strage regards Celia! Last we knew of her - She had agreed to be engaged again to Shifty in Rome!

It is a bit of a little known fact, but the Joey-Roxy storyline did get resolved - in the final episode of Series 7. He fleed home after years of trying to sort everyone's problems and had a Double Wdding with Adrian and ireene also marrying in Gretna Green. What became of Adrian and Ireene we'll not know, but I think it's fair regards Joey to say "What became of the broken-hearted" as Roxy would of easily broken his heart again I feel.

Comment

I don't think I watch too much of the later ones, so I must have missed that one.

Comment

I don't think I watch too much of the later ones, so I must have missed that one.
                            Yeah it is not shown G.O.L.D much and sadly it look's like it'll never make DVD (the full 7 Series) anyway!

You did'nt miss much at all actualy - it was a poor poor Series but I have grown to like it in it's own little merry way, but Freddie and Shifty not being in that Series did'nt help at all sadly I feel.

Comment

Actualy in saying this Richard,there was not even a wedding scene - just a shot of an Hotel in Gretna Green and both Joey and Adrian then came home and announced they were both married!!

Comment

Working...
                              X